• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Quiet earth (was: Exercise module for Plettenberg railroad in 1/22.5 scale)

Started by Hydrostat, November 08, 2012, 11:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Rail and Tie

Stunning fabulous work. I keep going back to the thru wall fan/vent and it's housing. It is so real looking to me. As is everything else here.
Cheers!
Darryl

"Leonard, check it out. I've bought an N Gauge locomotive. Half the size of HO. Look...it fits in my mouth!"

http://www.interactionhobbies.com
http://www.facebook.com/railandtie

WP Rayner

Mind-boggling work as usual Volker... always inspiring and informative to see your work.
Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

Hydrostat

This year the town of Plettenberg celebrates it's 625th anniversary. From August 26 - 28 the model is shown at car dealer Tiemeyer, which resides in the former Schade company: this was an owner of a private siding of the narrow gauge railway. I'm going to have the last segment of "Haltestelle Wiesenthal" somewhat finished, well, at least as lowbrow people might consider it to be. I've been working for weeks at full speed and with indulgence at the project. This is a glimpse of the current state. I'm really looking forward to see the pickling shop mounted to the segment.

The iron grids are lasered from MDF. Frithjof milled the parts for the gate. I think the gate and especially the milling- and soldering jig are artworks for themselves. I considered the jig that beautiful, that I soldered the gates freehand, avoiding to debunk the jig.  

Cheers, thanks for stopping by,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Barney

Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

1-32

Hi Volker.
Great so well done love the latch on the gate perfect detail.
Good luck with the anniversary show would love to be there.
Cheers, Kim.

finescalerr

Yet another example of Volker's fantastic modeling. Need I say more? -- Russ

Bill Gill

So many things to look at over and over with great admiration!

WP Rayner

Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

Design-HSB

Hello Volker, hello Frithjof, great teamwork from both of you.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

Stunning work! I thought the first photo was a prototype pic until I read the text.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bernhard

Sami

Hydrostat

Thanks for your comments - a few days ago I had the first opportunity to take some pictures under convenient light, but short of space. Photoshop said to say hello.

Overview of the area:

Some views:

And a few details:

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

finescalerr

Please compliment Photoshop on the quality of construction and finish. The module is superb. -- Russ