• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Quiet earth (was: Exercise module for Plettenberg railroad in 1/22.5 scale)

Started by Hydrostat, November 08, 2012, 11:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Les Tindall

VERY effective, fantastic detail, yuo can almost smell the carbolic!
Les

WP Rayner

That is much improved... superb work. I have only one suggestion... maybe a little light dirt on the towel on the right side of the sink from the workers who only do a light wash followed by a heavy wipe on the towel. I remember my Grandmother chastising me for that carelessness when I was much younger.
Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

Hydrostat

Quote from: WP Rayner on April 10, 2021, 07:47:03 AM
That is much improved... superb work. I have only one suggestion... maybe a little light dirt on the towel on the right side of the sink from the workers who only do a light wash followed by a heavy wipe on the towel. I remember my Grandmother chastising me for that carelessness when I was much younger.

You're right - indeed I changed the towel, because the old one seemed a tad to big and with a hint from Helmut I found a greyish prototype with a cypher in it; pictures to come.
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Barney

Lovely - why is it all the excellent stuffs on this forum !!
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Design-HSB

Quote from: Hydrostat on April 10, 2021, 09:52:16 AM
Quote from: WP Rayner on April 10, 2021, 07:47:03 AM

You're right - indeed I changed the towel, because the old one seemed a tad to big and with a hint from Helmut I found a greyish prototype with a cypher in it; pictures to come.
Hello Volker, then I look forward to the picture, with the fresh new towel, in which some workers have cleaned the rest of their dirty hands.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Hydrostat

finescalerr

Beautiful work. It seems those towels cost a pretty penny ....

Okay, I'm standing in the corner.

Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Hauk

Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Hydrostat

Hydrostat

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on April 11, 2021, 10:02:28 PM
What did you use to make the towels?

I inkjet printed them to a special paper I researched for a customer some years ago. Task was a business card, which had to open up like a bud, when put in water. This paper has very few running direction which makes it foldable in all directions. If it is wet one can crumple it and carefully unfold it to get the result. Afterwards texture is very fabric-like. I did that before at the Haus Lohmann kitchen towel, but it seems back then I used white spirits instead of water, because the ink starts to bleed badly in contact with water. Using only black ink worked well in the end. the Blue towels have only some blue strips printed and then are dyed with blue pen ink.

Barney

This all gets better by the day - excellent and "realistic "
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

HelgeAndreas

Hello!

Don't know where to start... Incredible imagination, eye and skills..!

Awe!

Helge ANdreas