• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Quiet earth (was: Exercise module for Plettenberg railroad in 1/22.5 scale)

Started by Hydrostat, November 08, 2012, 11:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydrostat

Honestly this just happened during coloring the walls. A lot of my 'modeling effects' rather just happen than are completely planned, and I then decide to keep or omit them: I paint the walls in horizontal position (the wall, not me), adding water from time to time to push pigments around and so it tends to creep into the nearby joints. I like that effect but indeed Russ' comment (which I read as wry) let me have a closer look at this and now it seemed somewhat over scaled to me. No big thing, there's a substructure from angle stock for the sink to come and a board for some soap, maybe a mirror, too. My idea about the sink is: they must have had an directly accessible option to remove acid splashes from skin or eyes.
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Hydrostat

Easter blocking rehearsal:

Lots of dirt to come later on.

Cheers,
Volker

Barney

Just love that electrical board - puts mine to shame - Glad now that I got rid of it
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Hydrostat

Come on, Barney - I found your board absolutely inspirational! It got me going with this!

Barney

Thanks that makes me feel happier - but the new one in the new engine shed I hope will look more like yours
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Lawrence@NZFinescale

I really look forward to these updates.  It's nice to know there are others who share the affliction (or have it worse)  :)
Cheers,

Lawrence in NZ
nzfinescale.com

finescalerr

Ray Dunakin

The whole thing looks incredible, but I especially like that electrical panel!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Hauk

While I will never reach your level of excellence, your work is a great inspiration!
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

nk

IVolker,
I was just telling my wife how amazing your pickling plant is. And now I get to see all these extra details. Absolutely amazing. The board is work unto itself. Utterly amazing.
Narayan
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

Bea

outsourced teddy bear artist making hubbie´s rr greener

1-32

Hydrostat

According to some hints from Buntbahn guys I put a bit more attention to the sink topic; keep in mind this is located in the far background's edge. I removed the sink a tad from the left wall including changing the drain, added cast iron brackets with towel racks, a board with brackets, some boxes with hand washing paste tablets ('Pulia' brand), a liquid soap dispenser and towels. Soap dispenser is made from some aluminum rod and brass parts.

Cheers,
Volker

Bill Gill

Those changes and details added a lot to the scene.
Excellent!

finescalerr