• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Buffalo Landing Figures

Started by SDwn, July 26, 2009, 05:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDwn

I started working on some of the figures offered by Buffalo Landing that I picked up off ebay. This is my first time using these figures and found the sculpting and casting to be top notch. I will post some more pics as I get the others done.  Sean

Ken Hamilton

Those look good.  They're 1/2" scale, right??
Nice job.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

SDwn

Ken, they are 1/48. They are very nicely sculpted to withstand a close up picture.

MrBrownstone

They are nice...

are they resin?... How much if any de-burring/prep before painting did they need?

Mike

finescalerr

Guys, I don't know how many of you know Sean Downing. He's Dan Downing's son and has been producing top notch models for years. Nothing he does is slap-together or out-of-the-box. And painting figures is only one of his skills. -- Russ

MrBrownstone

that's great Russ,

I'll be looking forward to reading his postings.  ;D

Oh hey Russ not to get off topic... but do you still have the annual in stock?

I have been told its a hot Item and goes fast.. If so I'll order today... thanks

Mike

Ken Hamilton

Thanks for the bio-info, Russ.

Sean.....pleased to meet you!
Those figures really DO hold up well to close photography.  Nice job.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

danpickard

Hi Sean,
Great finish on the figures, nice use of appropriate colours.  Would certainly like to see a bit more of your work...

I have a "still shiny" set (Mike, they're white metal) sitting on a log on my workbench waiting for a lick of paint.  They certainly are a nice casting, minimal clean up, good poses.  I'm keen to see if Buffalo Landing bring out some more in the range as well.

Dan

lab-dad

Two thumbs up!
They look much better painted!
-Marty

SDwn

Thank you all for your kind comments. Yes the figures are white metal and the casting is good. They are all painted in acrylics. I have about 32 figures from their line and will be posting some more shortly. Sean

Chuck Doan

Nice painting, Sean. I wasn't aware they had so many figures out.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

MrBrownstone

They look great sean,

A pleasure to meet you.

you have the denim looking very very real.

I did not know of the white metal figure type castings..  :-[

do they come from a 2 piece mold? (parting line to remove?)

I think the variences of the facial differences is very good.

Mike

Belg

Sean, very nice job on the figures. Could you/or someone else post a link to where to  buy them? I tried doing a search for Buffalo Landing figures and it did not lead me in the right direction. Pat

danpickard

Pat,
The buffalo landing figures are always advertised on eBay (just do a search in On3/On30, should come up).  I think they can be bought individually, but usually sold in sets of 5-7 figures.  I think they are available at a few LHS (I think Caboose has them), but the eBay ones are much the same price (maybe cheaper), and direct from manufacturer.  Postage was quick, easy to deal with...eBay, sometimes useful ;D

Dan

danpickard

Of course that would be right...no Buffalo Landing listings on eBay after checking just now!!!  Give the guy a week, and I don't doubt the listings will be back.  They have been available on eBay for about 12 months at a guess.

Dan