• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Ponty Mine , Old South Wales .

Started by shropshire lad, March 15, 2014, 02:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydrostat

This is going to be a very interesting model. The corrugated sheets and the arches look very good. And so the rails do.

Thanks for sharing this!

Volker

By the way: Is this a vanilla ice cream loader?
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Malachi Constant

Dang!  That looks like a gigantic unpainted resin kit somewhere out in the 1:1 world -- great job on the ground work / setting there! -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Don Railton

Quote from: shropshire lad on March 19, 2014, 03:06:58 AM
Quote from: finescalerr on March 19, 2014, 01:03:09 AM
The dirt on the track does help a bit. If I read the plan properly the grade would begin just where you have stopped modeling, right? This thing might actually be good ... someday. -- Russ

I envisage this "little" diorama being built in probably 3 stages , with the incline and tippler coming next and the yard and office last . The idea is the bit I am working on can be finished off and become a stand alone piece . I think I will be expect to be on layout duty after this is done , so the other two sections will have to wait .

I wasn't aiming my sights as high as " good" , " quite good " is probably the best I can hope for .

Now , if only there was a high quality magazine that I could submit an article to , it would be all worth while .

Nick

No luck at that Nick.  Maybe in Europe or Australia but no longer in the U.S.  The last quality mag is now retired.

Don

artizen

Nick, have you considered MRJ? Or is narrow gauge "beneath" them?

Does Roy Link still do the narrow gauge magazine?
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

shropshire lad

Quote from: artizen on March 19, 2014, 08:17:58 PM
Nick, have you considered MRJ? Or is narrow gauge "beneath" them?

Does Roy Link still do the narrow gauge magazine?

Ian , As you must have guessed I was poking a bit of fun at Russ so I was not really expecting to publish an article anywhere . Roy Link is still involved with the Review but only in an advisory role these days . I do still owe them an article , so I probably will cobble something together for them at some point .

Nick

finescalerr

When I recover from the past twenty-five years of snubs from the hobby industry and narrow gauge "fraternity", and if you don't insist on a paper publication, I would be honored to devote as many pages as you like to digitally publishing the work of anyone here.

The world as we once knew it is eroding pretty quickly. Might as well face it and move forward regardless.

Russ

lab-dad

Who needs a magazine when we have this forum?

I'm printing hard copies to sell when the internet crashes!
That way we will have something to read while driving around the desert in leather looking for fuel and water!

Hydrostat

Nick, is this a blue plastic bag edgeways of the mine entrance? It took some time to discover this. It looks phantastic.Do you have a closeup?

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

finescalerr

Nick has sent me a few images of the completed diorama. Here's the first, with the project still under construction. -- Russ

finescalerr

Nick has begun planting grass. -- Russ

finescalerr

As the grass begins to grow, Nick left his scratchbuilt rolling stock outside to rust. -- Russ

finescalerr

He had to leave the bikini girls for a few minutes and crawl into the tunnel to expose this photo. -- Russ

finescalerr

Here is the finished diorama. -- Russ

finescalerr

And a closer, final, look. -- Russ

finescalerr

Now your reward for suffering through Nick's photos: First a trio of Nick's dioramas, including the Ponty Mine, at an art show. Really? Art? -- Russ