• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Rolling stocks on 'AM&T' in On3 (extra (special) edition) - Fordson Tugger Hoist

Started by Yoshi Ueda, August 31, 2023, 04:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoshi Ueda

I built the Fordson powered M.A.C Tugger Hoist kit produced by Bill Roy. This is 1/48 model.
The appeal point of this model is the reproduction of the drive chain. I used the sprocket/drive chain for the 1/12 motorcycle model. This drive chain is very delicate and hard to assemble, but well worth it.

DSCF4153.JPG

DSCF4154.JPG

DSCF4155.JPG

DSCF4156.JPG

finescalerr

Bernhard

Excellently done. I find it extremely exciting for what different purposes these Fordson tractors have been (mis)used.

Bernhard

Lawrence@NZFinescale

Quote from: Bernhard on September 01, 2023, 01:40:12 PMExcellently done. I find it extremely exciting for what different purposes these Fordson tractors have been (mis)used.

Bernhard

Back in the real world, the Ski club I belong to used Fordson tractors to power the lifts.  They had an extra rear end mounted above original with pulleys to drive the rope.  in summer the wheels were reinstalled and the things driven down the hill for maintenance. 
Cheers,

Lawrence in NZ
nzfinescale.com

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Yoshi Ueda

Ray,

I used the chain kit produced by Model Factory Hiro. This chain is a hybrid configuration of plastic and metal. The link plates are etched parts and the pins are plastic molded. 

Model Factory Hiro has the website. You can check the detail about this chain kit here.

https://www.modelfactoryhiro.com/SHOP/P941.html

dscn23920001.jpg

dscn23930001.jpg

Thanks.

Yoshi

finescalerr

The chain must have been slow and aggravating to assemble but it sure looks good. -- Russ

Yoshi Ueda

Hello,

After taking the photos of this tugger hoist, I was looking for the place to locate it on the layout. But I could not find out a good place for it. Eventually I had an idea that I could locate it on the tracks. Once that was decided, good things come quickly, and I built the high Hercules logging trucks from the Don Winter kit to carry this hoist.

DSCF4166.JPG

The Freelance caboose is a scratchbuild based on the Deep River Lumber caboose.

Thanks,

Yoshi

finescalerr

Putting the tugger hoist on disconnects was a very good idea. Each part, the hoist and the disconnects, enhances the other. The result is more interesting than either model alone. -- Russ

Yoshi Ueda

Thanks Russ,

I would like to add one picture. I like the short train!

PIC_0100.JPG

Stuart

Great work and an imaginative method of displaying it on your railroad diorama.  That's one of the things I enjoy about this forum, everyone's creative ideas along with the skills and patience to carry out a pleasing presentation.

Stuart