• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35 scale Sandwich Shop ... already in progress

Started by Malachi Constant, April 29, 2011, 11:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malachi Constant

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on July 22, 2013, 10:35:44 PM
Very nice! Is that raised lettering? Hard to tell from the pic.

Thanks guys!  Painting underway ...

Ray -- Yes ... just barely raised ... from photo-etched letter sets by Royal Model ... should show up as raised once painted ...

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Malachi Constant

Now, for a little more nuttiness!    :P

Kept thinking that space between the clock and the shelf could use some sort of tall, skinny little detail ... but what should it be?  ::)

Malachi Constant

Hang on ... got an idea!  8)

Malachi Constant

Better make sure that sucker will kill those pesky scale flies!  ;D

Yup, that'll do ...

Malachi Constant

For now, we'll just stick it to the wall with some poster tack (and/or fly guts!) in some easy-to-reach place ... and we'll worry about hammering a scale nail into that back wall later ....   ;D

finescalerr

Didn't you hang it in the wrong place? -- Russ

Mobilgas

I wouldn't want to eat in a place were that thing was hanging next to the Stove ???
Craig

Malachi Constant

Quote from: finescalerr on July 25, 2013, 12:29:13 AM
Didn't you hang it in the wrong place? -- Russ

Yeah, I just stuck it to the wall with some poster tack for a quickie photo ... it goes on the back wall by the sink as indicated in a previous photo ... becomes a distant background object.

Now, all I have to do is figure out how to wire it up to do static grass for Mudgeon's 1/700 scale dioramas!  ;D

-- Dallas

Chuck Doan

Those aren't raisins in Mudgeon's Famous raisin cookies! (that's what makes them so flavorful)

Great detail!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Bexley

CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: Bexley on August 01, 2013, 12:09:18 PM
Shoulda put in a Kit Kat Klock.

That was the first thing that came to my mind too. But then I saw the Coca-Cola clock already in place.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Malachi Constant

Well, Marc reminded me elsewhere that I have some diorama projects that might be due for an update ... now I don't have any "big" updates like Anders  ::) ... but I've made up a checklist of "little detailing tasks" yet to be done in the sammich shop, and I've been making little bits of progress on those as time allows ...

An earlier photo, showing things kinda stuck in place with poster tack ... and the dish rack having lots of empty places yet to be filled with little decaled, photo-etched plates ...

Malachi Constant

So, I installed a bunch more plates in the dish rack (which will show in a subsequent photo here) ... and got that installed and leveled.  BTW, Vallejo mat varnish was used to "glue" the plates in place ... very handy, as it dries both clear AND flat ... and there are only tiny little edges where the glue can be applied with a little brush ...

Took down the paper "place holder" clock and installed & leveled the "real" clock and the little towel rack made earlier ... painted some frying pans and a muffin pan and hung those under the dish rack ... replaced the earlier stove back splash and hood (neither of which is permanently mounted yet) ...

Test fit the tiny little flyswatter on the back wall and found that it looked rather big & clunky there ...  ::)

Malachi Constant

The flyswatter didn't "work" there, so did some doodling on the computer ... tried to think of parts on hand to keep things simple for a change.  ;D