• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Diorama Clervaux is finished and a second book

Started by Claude Joachim, September 29, 2013, 11:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude Joachim

Hi everyone,

After 8 years and over 10000 hours of work spend on it, I declare the "Diorama Clervaux" finished. There are of course always items I could add , but officially I am done. The size is now  3x 2,2 meters and has 7 different parts. The last two, a river of two meter long, bridge with towers, 4 structures, among them a monstrous Villa and a farm house with complete interior interior, took my three years to finish.

Here is the view of the whole dio. It is very difficult to photograph and certainly does not reflect the real look.

While you can hardly see them here, there are 9 different mini-scenes populating the dio.

a nice street view

and one view of the river.

an farm house with full interior

Why just this teasers?

The last year I also wrote a second book about it!

The book is ready to be published in the second week of October!
Brace yourself for 144 pages of detailed description of the making of Diorama Clervaux. The title is "Capturing Clervaux -The final hour" and is in English language. The title reflects the scene displayed in the diorama, the situation in Clervaux one hour before the attack of the German army on that Dec17 1944.

The book will be about how I made the diorama. Among a lot of other helpful tips and tricks there will be tutorials on house builds, tree making, an extensive section around the making of the river and a lot of others. More then 600 pictures will illustrate the book, from WIP photos, reference photos to pictures of the completed diorama. Except on one single page it will not show anything already featured in the first book.

You can buy pre-order the book right now on my website   http://www.diorama-clervaux.com already. It will be send to you hours after I got it from the printer.

I will offer a PDF version of the book in French language at the end of the year. A german version will come next. I do both myself, so be patient please.
A spanish version is also already in the making!
An english PDF version is an option, but only after you bought all my stock of books

So guys, you can tell your wife already about it and make a hint at the nearing Christmas season.

Thanks a lot in advance and excuse the intrusion to sell that book. I am auto publishing and need every help I can

Greets from Luxembourg

Claude

Alexandre

Hello Claude.
Bring back memories.
You were already working on this masterpiece when I started modelling and your work was one of my first modelling shock.
It's good to see you closing this labor of love.

I'll have to get this book. The Vol.1 is patiently waiting for his young brother.  :)

Alexandre.

Frederic Testard

Nice to see the completed model, Claude.
It's funny, I was thinking of your model one or two days ago and was wondering what point you had reached. A nice point for sure.
Frederic Testard

marc_reusser

Claude,

Congratulations. Beautiful piece, and truly a work of love.

Thank you for posting these images, really wonderful to see.

I look forward to the book, should make for great reading and reference.

Can't wait to see what you plan to tackle next. :)

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

I never expected to see another post about the diorama on this forum. A pleasant surprise. The craftsmanship is most satisfactory. -- Russ

Claude Joachim

Thank you very much everyone.

I have  bit of a bad conscience to just come back and post the finished work (and advertise). The last months had beed so intensive that I hardly had time to post on any forum. I appreciate yor reception and thank you for the kind words.

Because I widened the last mdule about 20 cm at the very last moment  (because of bad planning) I now must extend this to the other module with a piece of 20x150cm. It' will be a rock and wood mostly but will bring me through the winter without problems. Starting next summer I will think about other projects.  For now book marketing takes up most of the time.

Greets
Claude

marc_reusser

No worries. If you get a chance to post any progress on the needed expansion piece, we would definitely be interested.

M-Works

Hydrostat

Claude,

fantastic work. The river shot with the rotten vegetation is most impressive. I especially like your choice of season, which isn't modeled too often. And I like the idea to capture a snapshot of history.

Great!

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Chuck Doan

A beautiful and epic project. Congratulations on the near completion and the new book!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Claude Joachim

Thank you Volker and Chuck

What a timing to market a book in the States! Hoprfully some have still some hobby money and the situation is resolved in time for the Christas shopping time. Well, I suppose (and hope) that this book will not be outdated so soon

Greets
Claude

Claude Joachim

I have the pleasure to announce that the book is in stock now!

I had a lot of orders from the States already!

I reduced the shipping price to all countries outside Europe from € 12 to € 8 , same as for Europe, the official rate of € 12 making it in my opinion a bit expensive for you guys on this side of the pond. I am also offering a discount on combined buy of the books.

Thanks to all past and future buyers and thanks also for all the nice comments on the dio. It is a nice reward after all those years.

Greets

Claude 

marc_reusser

M-Works