• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Bits, Pieces, & Clutter

Started by marc_reusser, October 17, 2009, 05:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRAINS1941

-MJ

Nice job.  Don't pay any attention to Nick, besides what does he know he's a brick layer!!!!! ;D

Jerry

Ps Good to see you Don.
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Junior

I agree - I have seen them made like that in real life. Very nice job Marty and those circular rings (stains) seem to be quite popular right now. First Marc (who else?) came up with them on his beautiful bench then I borrowed them for my work table and now on your saw horse.

The tools and the pipe? looks great too. Who´s the manufacturer of the wrench and c-clamp?

Anders  ;D

eTraxx

Yep, what Nick said. I copied a sawhorse I found online and the brace makes sense under the horizontal piece. Excellent modeling though :)

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

lab-dad

Don,
Scale stripwood is the "wood"

Anders,
no idea who made the tools, stuff from the scrap box, I had to make the monkey wrench handle larger, was too thin.
Other than staining the wood and waiting for that to dry the project was an evening of fun.

If I was going to make a sawhorse to actually "use" I would not have made it this way.
I was going for a look and feel and type I wanted to model.
Sorry but I guess the plumber on the Corliss knows very little about carpentry, I however do!  ;D

Thanks!
-Marty

Gordon Ferguson

Marty,

I like that and idea which I will "borrow" ..........and well done for bring us back on track on this thread.

I'll try and help to ......... continuing my search for the easiest way to make setts/cobble  here is my latest attempt - made from ordinary modelling clay impressed with a couple of bits of plastic.

It is meant to be a very old broken down semi abandoned yard, probably with a cement mixer in it ;)

Next job is to add some vegetation .......... which considering some of the latest posts will be a challenge
Gordon

Malachi Constant

Wow!  That is a darned fine rendition of a busted old road ... real nice!

Now, regarding vegetation ... meditate until you reach a vegetative state, and it should come naturally ...  ;D

If not, dart over to Sweden for some assistance ... you might be able to catch a bus at Ikea ...

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Junior

Gordon, that looks like my table that I photographed my stuff on ;D ;D! What´s going on ???? This will be a beautiful base to support a great roller or cement mixer.

Anders  ;D

lab-dad

GORDON!
More info on the creation of that "Road" or what once was one.
Thanks!
-Marty

jacq01

I miss a bit of asphalt or compacted earth.
     Looks very good, even better with some grass, weeds and flowers.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

finescalerr

Gordon Ferguson

Glad you guys like it .......... you are tempting me to to try and lay some old breaking up tarmac on it now, there was a thread/SBS on how to do it somewhere here ..... theres a few more hours of my life gone looking for it.

Marty, will put a SBS on cobble/setts at the week end .......... in true Blue Peter style (folks in the UK will understand) you will need

Standard modelling clay ( as used by sculpters,etc)
Piece of wood
white glue, water soluble type (Elmers?)
2 pieces of square and rectangular plastic tube
toothpick

&

a microwave

Think there are more words in the material list than there will be in the SBS, it is that simple
Gordon

chester

Nice the way you cobbled those stones together. And Nick's right about the saw horse. Looks like a plumber built it. It's perfect.

shropshire lad

Quote from: gfadvance on June 09, 2011, 02:56:56 PM
Glad you guys like it .......... you are tempting me to to try and lay some old breaking up tarmac on it now, there was a thread/SBS on how to do it somewhere here ..... theres a few more hours of my life gone looking for it.

Marty, will put a SBS on cobble/setts at the week end .......... in true Blue Peter style (folks in the UK will understand) you will need

Standard modelling clay ( as used by sculpters,etc)
Piece of wood
white glue, water soluble type (Elmers?)
2 pieces of square and rectangular plastic tube
toothpick

&

a microwave

Think there are more words in the material list than there will be in the SBS, it is that simple

Gordon ,

You've forgotten the empty cereal packet , washing up liquid bottle and a roll of ....Sticky Backed Plastic ! Now you can get started .

Don't forget to get your Mummy to do the tricky bit of cutting out with scissors .

Nick

Gordon Ferguson

OK while sorting the SBS on the cobbles, played around with this thought of adding old tarmac ........... not sure I understand how this stuff breaks up or how to colour it ...... but here is my shot at it .

Critique please.

Sorry added this one just to give sense of scale, lighting is terrible I know ....sun decided to flood thro window !

Gordon

Junior

Far from an expert on old tarmac but looks perfect to me! With weeds etc. between the cracks this should look perfect. Great to see the cement mixer in place as well. Nice job Gordon!

Anders  ;D