• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Marc, people are ignoring your posts. That's because you used the word "bikinis" in the title with none visible for all practical purposes.

It's like the boy who cried wolf. But I won't be fooled. I'll keep checking just in case.

John
John Palecki

marc_reusser

Quote from: JohnP on August 01, 2010, 04:45:56 PM
Marc, people are ignoring your posts. That's because you used the word "bikinis" in the title with none visible for all practical purposes.

It's like the boy who cried wolf. But I won't be fooled. I'll keep checking just in case.

John

Ya-huh...there are too. Upper left hand corner laying on the beach towel.  Use your Optivisor man!  ;) ;D  Neener-Neener.

MR
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

JohnP

I says "for all practical purposes" man. Oh yeah I had my Optivisor on (never took it off from dinner I guess) and her stuff was all pixelated.  ::)

John
John Palecki

RoughboyModelworks

Quote from: mabloodhound on August 01, 2010, 02:35:34 PM
If you go to the link Carlo posted you'll see all about it including: "The Davis Motor Mine Cart was discovered in 1990 in an abandon gold mine located in Northern California. Used for pulling wagons of ore out of an underground mine on narrow guage track, it utilized much of the 21 cubic inch, 80 mile-per-gallon Harley-Davidson motorcycle.  This rare, one-of-a-kind machine also features all-wheel drive and electric start, a trait not acquired by Harley-Davidson motorcycles for another 40 years."

Thanks Dave, it appears indeed to have begun life as a Harley, one that is now quite a rare beast... In 1926 Harley reintroduced a single cylinder engine, 21 cubic inches, primarily for the export market. There were four models: A, AA, B and BA in side-valve and overhead-valve configurations, but they evidently didn't sell well, or at least not well enough. The blacksmith or whoever it was who built this contraption probably picked up the Harley for next to nothing and applied some fairly creative bashing to come up with the Mine Cart. In 1929 this engine morphed into the 45 cubic in v-twin flathead that was available until 1973 in some models. Electric starters arrived on Harleys with the Electra-Glide FL in 1965, followed shortly by the Sportster line.

Paul

eTraxx

Repair Shed ... might be 'old news' but worth another look.

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

shropshire lad

Whatever you do , don't mention the broom .

Oops , sorry .

Nick

eTraxx

Quote from: shropshire lad on August 02, 2010, 11:26:11 AM
Whatever you do , don't mention the broom .

Oops , sorry .

Nick
Nick, Ok. I won't mention the broom at all then.
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

marc_reusser

Nothing like coming home from a long trip, and the next day having your neigbors P.o.S. above ground pool explode...all the water running down-slope into your yard. Luckily no visible damage to our guest house or garage.....but now all my grass and some of the plants are starting to die from the chlorinated water!! Just great! Who the hell still has these above ground white-trash bathtubs as pools in this day and age!????

....oh yeah..almost forgot "BROOM"!
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Chuck Doan

"Just great! Who the hell still has these above ground white-trash bathtubs as pools in this day and age!????"

Umm, my sister does.  ::)

Broom Broom!

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Philip Smith

your neighbors did ! now its a permanent yard ornament ;D

chester

Yeah, the people you find in some neighborhoods eh?

(not mentioning the broom either)

Malachi Constant

Just passing thru ...
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Craig_H

White Trash Bath Tubs ??? you mean you don't have one in your yard? I would of thought you would of bought one as soon as the neighbors got there's......you know keeping up with the jones thing ;D

JohnP

Marc, just cover the mess with a blue plastic tarp and you'll be fine. Maybe throw some pallets and old tires on top to hold it down.  The tarp on your '78 Trans-Am in the front yard (it'd be worth sumthin' someday I gotta tell yah) would work fine.

A guy here at work was using a borrowed Bobcat to work on the retaining wall behind his pool. You can guess what happened. 13,000 gallons down around his house to the street. Mulch, shrubs, plants. Heh-heh...

They make those pools cheaper and cheaper too. Just a thin strip of metal from converting a lot of potential energy to kinetic energy.

John
John Palecki

lab-dad

I didnt know they had trailer parks in California?
-Mj