• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Ranger Crackle Paints

Started by Junior, November 19, 2010, 09:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Mr Potato Head

We finally had some sun today, cloud or snow covered as it was? Here's the best shot I could get and it was cold outside. I used one application of Payne's Grey over the "Picket fence and the "peeling paint"  the green color is a very light or thin application and the white is a perfect full application. I do not like the green color and plan to find another, also I found out there is a clear crackle color, and I wonder what that will do?
Gil

Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

finescalerr

The white turned out very, very well. I'm glad you finally quit whining and went outside and suffered for us. You probably didn't even have to wear a sweatshirt. -- Russ

Mr Potato Head

No I had on a sweat shirt and hot potatoes in my pocket to keep my hands warm! ::)
Yes I like the white!  That Payne's grey works great!  There are other colors out there that I want to try?
Gil
In exile in Boise Idaho
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Malachi Constant

I still haven't tried the samples that I've got ... but *suspect* that the white and off-white paints could be colored (reverse tinting) with acrylic inks and/or paints ... will try all this after the HO-HO-HO stuff is done.

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Junior

lab-dad

The word must be out; I went to Michaels's to get some and they were cleaned out!
I guess being in exile in Idaho has it's advantages......well ONE.
-Marty

Mr Potato Head

Hey Marty we have plenty here in sunny balmy south western Idaho!   8)
Would you like me to send you some?  ::)It's easy to get around here in "Friendly, pleasant, easy going "Boise" no pushing or shoving, heck people will even hold the door open for you and help you across the icy parking lot , yep it's true  :o
Plus don't worry about me being stuck in the long line at the post office, there's no pushing or shoving there either, the lines are always short, heck there's only 1700 people in Star Idaho  ;D
Glad to help you out buddy, it's the Idaho way. ;)
Gil
aka MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

finescalerr

Yeah but, as you pointed out, you need to stuff hot potatoes in your pockets to keep warm! -- Russ

Mr Potato Head

No worries we just eat them for lunch!    :o
Gil
AKA MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

eTraxx

I flew into Bosie, Idaho once to attend an Army school. Looking out the window just before landing I was like ... "WTH? Looks like I'm landing in the Mojave!" .. :) ... plus .. while driving around town .. think someone stole all the road signs .. !!
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

DaKra

And some of Idaho looks like it came out of a Walther's catalog.   :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wallace_Idaho.JPG

finescalerr

Notice the bricks in that photo. They are obviously a century old yet the buildings' surfaces are pretty flat and the bricks themselves not very distressed.

Some models we create, with their missing bricks, crumbling sections, and mottled appearance look pretty stunning. But they seem to be exceptions to the usual hundred year old brickwork. If anybody wants examples, let me know and I'll post some shots on a new thread.

Russ

Mr Potato Head

Wallace Idaho is a great little town, it's the gateway to Burke Idaho, it's in a very narrow valley, more like a crevasse, it's pretty, quite, and quaint, but when it snows! Wow look out! I have been there in a blizzard, man that's a lot of snow!  :o
Idaho has a lot of quaint towns and most of any new buildings are built with brick and stone to match the existing buildings, it's very nice not a lot on Mc-Mansions 
Yes Boise is at the end of the Mojave Desert! I would have never believed it, until I saw a historical marker on 395 near Independence, California  ???
Gil

Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Ray Dunakin

Wow, those are some beautiful buildings in that little town!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World