• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Les-petits-trains-de-la-grande-guerre

Started by Andi Little, February 06, 2013, 06:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andi Little

Thought this might whet a few whistles? ...........

And here's directions to a good selection of railway based pic's - some really evocative stuff in there.

Bottom left and click on the gallery link.................

.......................http://www.ecpad.fr/les-petits-trains-de-la-grande-guerre

KBO..................... Andi.

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

mabloodhound

Photoshopped??   Try and tell someone this is real.

Nice website for WWI photos.
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Carlo

Andi -
That's a Campagne Loco, French, WWI. I can't find anything on this manufacturer.
I just love the graceful curves and obvious thought that went into designing it.

I have had a pair of models underway in 7/8" and 1" scales for a year, on and off.
It's hard to find pics and info on these machines, and I've only seen 1 restored version.
I made plans from photo measurements, and educated guesses. The 1" scale version is
pure freelance, based on Campagne principles. In-progress photo below.

I'd love to learn more, if anyone has information on these beasties.
Carlo

Andi Little

That looks the part Carlo, I'm just sorry I have no further info' on these: like you, I was just taken with the aesthetics and had a deep suspicion most folks here'a'bouts would too?

It does look the sort of thing that Marc' or Gordon would be fettling with? - If I wasn't such a waste of space I'd have a go myself.
.... I love the first class compartment!
KBO..................... Andi.

Carlo

Andi -
I plan to build something like these cars to haul behind the loco.
Is this what you meant by "first class"?
Carlo

finescalerr

The critter (and the model) have steering wheels! -- ssuR

Carlo

Russ - That's a brake wheel!
If your up to it, go to the corner.
Carlo

jacq01

QuotePhotoshopped??   Try and tell someone this is real.

This is a Pechot-Bourdon 0-4-4-0 600mm gauge loco. 280 were built by Baldwin for the French Gov. in WW I
Scale Link has a nice model in 1:32.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

marc_reusser

Quote from: Andi Little on February 06, 2013, 06:13:27 AM
Thought this might whet a few whistles? ...........

And here's directions to a good selection of railway based pic's - some really evocative stuff in there.

Bottom left and click on the gallery link.................

.......................http://www.ecpad.fr/les-petits-trains-de-la-grande-guerre

Back-seat driver.

Love this stuff....great topic/thread. I may have to go dig out my photos and books.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: jacq01 on February 06, 2013, 01:22:24 PM
QuotePhotoshopped??   Try and tell someone this is real.

This is a Pechot-Bourdon 0-4-4-0 600mm gauge loco. 280 were built by Baldwin for the French Gov. in WW I
Scale Link has a nice model in 1:32.

Jacq

Article , and front cover , in the Nov/Dec 1991 issue of the Gazette and Issue 3 1990 of The Narrow Gauge & Industrial Railway Modelling Review ( The review for short ) .

Someone built a stunning large scale (?) version of this loco but I can't remember in which magazine I saw it . It was painted light blue .

Nick

shropshire lad

Quote from: Carlo on February 06, 2013, 12:57:52 PM
Russ - That's a brake wheel!
If your up to it, go to the corner.
Carlo

No , stay where you are . We don't want you in our corner .