• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Beaver Lumber Company. On30

Started by Robert G, March 21, 2023, 12:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WP Rayner

That is absolutely bloody brilliant work Robert! You are a master at trees and forest vegetation, I've no idea how you do it. In addition, the proportions and scene composition are entirely believable. Well done indeed and I'm looking forward very much to seeing more.
Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

Hauk

Quote from: Mobilgas on March 24, 2023, 05:48:06 AMHauk,  My friend has all the On30 Annuals and he said the 2021 mag has his sawmill in it but No article on how he did his Trees ??? 

Ouch.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

finescalerr

That presents an opportunity to explain his tree making techniques on this forum. -- Russ

Bill Gill

That presents an opportunity to explain his tree making techniques on this forum. -- Russ

YES,Please!

JGDurand

I had the opportunity to see this network on display, it is breathtaking in its realism, with a profusion of details. Surely the most beautiful of veracity that I have been allowed to see so far. I would have liked to be able to discuss with the author, unfortunately too monopolized by the visitors. BRAVO !!
If you can dream it, you can make it

shropshire lad

Quote from: Hauk on March 24, 2023, 01:11:58 PM
Quote from: Mobilgas on March 24, 2023, 05:48:06 AMHauk,  My friend has all the On30 Annuals and he said the 2021 mag has his sawmill in it but No article on how he did his Trees ??? 

Ouch.

My copy arrived today and I can assure you that there is an article on how he did his trees . His method is very similar to the ones described in the YouTube videos I mentioned earlier . I shall be studying it in detail later.

The whole Annual is actually of more interest to me than  I expected and I won't be cutting it up after all .

Stuart

Absolutely impressive work Robert.  Definitely 1st place work in my opinion from the structures, foliage, landscaping, and your photography.  Hope to see more of your work in the future.

Stuart

1-32

Hi Robert
Yes I saw your model at Ontraxs very impressive.
It was a great weekend.
Cheers Kim