• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

CHB / EMD / Sierra West D7 CAT Tractor

Started by David Price, August 07, 2021, 07:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Price

Hello,

I've just acquired an EMD D7 CAT tractor in bits (fell apart in transit to the seller in the US - not surprised due to the poor quality of the glue left on it).

A bit of research appears to show it was originally offeredby CHB (molds subsequently acquired by Sierra West but out of production) and also by EMD both as a fully assembled unit and as a kit.

Out of curiosity I wondered if anyone has a set of assembly instructions - either for the EMD or Sierra West kit?

Not a problem if not but I'm interested in any literature that was produced regarding this kit.

Shot is a quick & dirty photo taken with the phone showing most of the components with the powder coating partially stripped from the components (CRC Gasket Remover works a wonder for this).

Cheers,

David Price

bellarinerailway.com.au/ourtrains/

TRAINS1941

I would go over to Brett's forum maybe he can help you or one of the guys there.  They have built them over there.

http://www.craftsmankituniversity.com/vanforum/index.php

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

David Price

Thanks Jerry,

found a couple of good quality images of the assembled unit as once advertised and I have reassembled the parts and fitted a winch from Keystone Models.

Just got to finish painting and weathering now after building a new rollover cage for the unit (not happy with the one in this shot - it's headed for the scrap bin).

Regards,
Cheers,

David Price

bellarinerailway.com.au/ourtrains/

Barney

A nice bit of miniature engineering - but the roll cage lets it down far to heavy looking ( glad to here you are changing it )  but its still a nice little model
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson