• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Quai des Antlilles

Started by Sami, July 14, 2017, 01:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawton Maner

I realize that this a work in progress, but the machine operator needs a wiping cloth in his back pocket, a coffee mug on the workbench, and an overflowing swarf can by the lathe.

On the other hand the walls have the beautiful texture of ceramic brick.  How were the walls made?   

Sami

Lawton, thank you for your advice ! I take note.

It will be difficult to reproduce a wipping cloth because the figure is already in place and glued. Especially since I work in 1/87

There is a tray with swarf under the machine.

Here three vidéos which I did on the bricks. Sorry it's in french.

Lawrence@NZFinescale

Lamps:

As in another thread I've been playing with lamps the last couple of days.

Small, pre-wired, surface mount LEDs are useful of course.  However they do tend to be rather obviously LEDs, which can be a bit of a negative depending on the situation. 

In my case I wanted to model the bulb, so I encased the warm white LED in 5min epoxy.  This had the added benefit of making it a bit more robust and improving the insulation, without adding greatly to the size.

But the best bit is that the resultant globe looks and performs far more like an incandescent bulb, being far less directional and appearing very realistic.

I'll post some pics later.
Cheers,

Lawrence in NZ
nzfinescale.com

Sami

Ok Lawrence, I'll go see your work.

Sami

Hello !
I do not have too much time to post on the forum because I participate in an exhibition to Chambéry in France at the end of October.
I will present a party of my network under construction.
I'm working on some parts of layout to make it presentable.

FSCN8350.jpg

Affiche expo.png

Sami

Hi,
I exhibited at Savoie modélisme in France last week-end. Visitors liked my layout under construction. There were other beautiful models at the exhibition.
Here is a photo of my stand.

1698864177497.jpeg

finescalerr

I bet it took a lot of time and muscle to set up. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Hauk

Quote from: Sami on November 01, 2023, 11:54:20 AMHi,
I exhibited at Savoie modélisme in France last week-end. Visitors liked my layout under construction. There were other beautiful models at the exhibition.
Here is a photo of my stand.

Looking sharp!
"Works in progress" displays are great conversation pieces, and I really enjoy them at exhibitions. Especially a high quality project like yours.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Sami

Russ, my layout was designed so that it was not too heavy and assembled quickly.
I took about 30 minutes to assemble the elements.

Sami

I came here a long time ago.
I felt the need to take a break in modeler. While waiting for the rest I post atmospheres pictures.
1000004567-01.jpeg
1703625430866.jpg

finescalerr

Barney

Realism with atmosphere and very neat workmanship
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Sami