• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Boiki Class Destroyer @ 35th

Started by turtle, December 03, 2014, 08:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turtle

Hi all,
Just thought I'd prove I'm not dead (yet)  ;D.
After an enforced lay-up I'm slowly regaining muscle control and coordination again so have managed to do some pottering about on this 'project'. Namely, started marking out the deck GA and roughing up the conning bridge and central deck coaming. Still huge amounts of fairing to do  :(.
Thought I'd chuck it outside to see where any warping will happen in "warm weather" (27 degrees C - 80.6 degree F) so I can ensure the deck/hull locking bolts will be in the right place.
Anywho enough blah blah blah:

Till next time, cheers for popping in for a looksie.
Regards

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

What laid you up? Are you feeling okay now? -- Russ

turtle

Cheers Ray.
Hi ya Russ,
just a bit of medical 'excitement' (had the monopoly on "micro-strokes" for a while  :D).
Slow progress regaining muscle control and coordination but at least modelling is very good therapy for this (but quite frustrating at times  :().
Just doing a couple of quick fun builds in 76th scale purely to spend some time with a paint brush again (definitely out of practise with that discipline  :-[).
Also spending some time pondering how to attach the railway track to the deck  ???, yes I'm building a boat but need some railway track  :D.
Updates will occur sporadically  :-\.
Till then, thanks to all.     

Ray Dunakin

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Allan G

I hope 2016 brings you good health!  Allan

finescalerr

You are under orders from this forum to recover quickly and fully. We will tolerate no excuses or delays in your personal or modeling progress. And, as the others, I hope you already are well on your way to a much better year. -- Russ

jim s-w

Sorry to hear of your health issues.

Depending on how the track is attached to the deck can you just use plastic chairs designed for the job? See http://www.finescale.org.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=346_347_348

HTH

Jim
Jim Smith-Wright

TRAINS1941

Roger good to see you back.  I hope the healing process is quick and a fi=full recovery.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

1-32

great start to the project.
cheers kim

Bill Gill

Glad you're back modeling. Looks good, keep at it!

Hydrostat

At the risk of writing something very incongruous: Roger's last post is from January 2015? Maybe i missed something ...
Anyway: Roger, I hope you're better now and we'll see some more fione modeling of you, soon!

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"