• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Somewhere in the South of France

Started by Barney, August 13, 2022, 09:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Barney

Yes, they say all molds are new and i have read here and there good comments.

Anyway i rarelly build a kit as is supposed to be built. Have two 'Taxi de la Marne' in 1/35 (from ICM) and at least one will become a covered van and it's passenger compartment will become a horse drawn carriage.

Daniel

Barney

All floor beams fitted and saw dust pit completed -position for steam engine sorted concrete base and top part (Lego Bricks)  will be bricked
Barney E9900DE3-BF5F-4A9F-A140-1896B858A610_1_201_a copy.jpeg52045833-8EA9-453E-B284-6ABCB6732A14_1_201_a copy.jpeg 
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Example of brick work for steam engine
Stuart McPherson

finescalerr

It's starting to shape up. I really look forward to your next series of posts. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

That prototype steam engine looks like it has been very well cared for.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Barney

Ray The full storey of the steam Engine and saw mill can be found on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezcxi6zRIuk

Its the sort of small saw mill I have based my diorama on
Barney
Stuart McPherson

1-32

Hi Baney how are you.
You have two great projects going are you going to combine them or keep them separate?
Lovely work
all the best Kim.

Barney

Hi Kim - Same idea a Saw Mill but now a different location - Mr first attempt was a North American very big Mill but after 3 versions and a lot of frustration decided to go smaller more on the lines of an estates Saw mill found a lot of information on a Scottish estate and some lovely photos of a small mill here in England thanks to Nick - and started with the Tool Shed / stores - but Im a bit of a sun lover and decided to go to the sun shine areas in the South of France + there are lots of French vehicle kits available in 1/24th - So that's the storey so far Im back to "ONE project"
Im much happier and enjoying it all - the model builds and the research - after all that's what its all about our hobby and it keeps the rivet counters at bay !!
Barney   
Hope that lot is not to confusing !
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Basic ground cover down + a modified position for the steam engine C07B879E-25B0-4AC6-9803-37B494B60080_1_201_a copy.jpeg3E48D6BE-73A4-4AC1-8ECE-ECDB60AE2C53_1_201_a copy.jpeg 
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Weathering for base of boiler and steam engine not yet completed and lego blocks to be faced with bricks AFB1FC08-99A8-49DB-B5D0-5E85FE7101BF_1_201_a copy.jpeg
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Next will be the planking of the saw mill deck after sorting the planks/floor boards reclaimed from the Scottish mill
Barney

Stuart McPherson

finescalerr

It's really starting to shape up. Acceptable. -- Russ

Barney

Progress made on the mill floor planking and the steam engine brickwork and base for the boiler
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Stuart McPherson

Barney

Steam engine and log carriage now started
Stuart McPherson