• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Recent posts

Modellers At Work / Re: Luke's Garage & Gas Statio...
Last post by Stuart - April 07, 2024, 06:06:28 PM
Thanks Lawrence, I was thinking the same thing with regard to using wire for the rods.
Dioramas / Re: Chamonix Mont-Blanc
Last post by finescalerr - April 07, 2024, 01:29:58 PM
Nice work ... and I'm glad you found the Chris Froome video. -- Russ
Last post by Peter_T1958 - April 07, 2024, 11:37:50 AM
Oh, I love such strange modelling subjects! And modeling a cairn is more then unusual ...
Though the implementation is absolutely amazing. And I am looking forward to the first layers of colour!
Last post by Sami - April 07, 2024, 10:27:21 AM
Russ, I found the video of Chris Froome I couldn't remember.

I finished to build the cairn and I tried to make a rocky ground. The rocky ground and cairn are not yet painted.

IMG_20240407_185024.jpg
IMG_20240407_183212.jpg
Modellers At Work / Re: Feldbahnmodule with ship
Last post by Ray Dunakin - April 06, 2024, 10:42:07 PM
Fascinating! And I really like the color of the finished sheave.
Last post by Lawrence@NZFinescale - April 06, 2024, 09:38:19 PM
The brake should be printable, though I would use real wire for the rods.
Last post by Stuart - April 06, 2024, 07:01:23 PM
Thanks Ray, Russ and Frithjof.

Frithjof - Actually I have had a pretty long term relationship with CAD systems through the years.  What's new to me is the 3D printing process.  Fortunately, with the advantage of on-line tutorials and the help of generous guidance from forum members such as Lawrence and Volker, the learning curve has been less steep.

Thanks for all contributions each member brings to this forum.  Whether it relates directly to my particular circumstances or not, each of you provide a certain amount of inspiration to carry on and excel in this particular art form.

Stuart
Cars, Trucks, and Other Vehicles / Re: Old Wagons
Last post by greenie - April 06, 2024, 05:44:53 PM
Quote from: finescalerr on April 06, 2024, 12:47:36 AMCOVID may have delayed completion but certainly had no impact on quality. Superb. And I hope your health now is. -- Russ

Starting to get back at it now, for 6 months I did not want to do anything at all, just lounged around feeling miserable.
Last post by finescalerr - April 06, 2024, 11:25:16 AM
If at first you don't succeed, try again. The result? Perfection. -- Russ
Last post by Lawrence@NZFinescale - April 06, 2024, 09:44:37 AM
Always fascinating to see the way you do things.

Useful to now know the German for scrap metal too - a word I feel will be useful in my own modelling.