• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

What I spent My Allowance On (New Stuff For The Bench)

Started by marc_reusser, February 26, 2010, 02:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Wow!...what a wonderful piece, and incredible collection of "bits" and other tools that came along with that. Truly do love these. I Unfortunately cant help either....but do covet your "haul".  I a number of older and even just postwar, tools (some even from during the war, as my father-in-law was a master machineist at Douglas Aircraft), and they are some of my favorite tools to work with. The feel much better, are more solid and work just as good (if not better at times) than the vast majority of my newer tools.

Congratulations. I hope you gat a lot of enjoyment from them.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

Nice! I like the small size, should be good for most modeling type work.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

This is what happens when a hobby starts becoming more like work.  :-\ :)

M-Works

shropshire lad

Marc ,

Glad to see a pile of Diorama Debris moulds amongst your little haul . I notice you have one of the Spanish barrel tile moulds there . I think you will find it challenging to use . One tip , us the hardest plaster you can find because they are a fiddle to get out and break easily .

I just started making a small sample roof last night using them and they do look good . The trick is to cast a big pile of tiles that are slightly diferent shades of terracotta then the roof won't look monotone .

Don't throw the tiles that come out of the mould less than perfect as it is possible to use many of them without the defects being noticed .

I look forward to seeing how you get on with their moulds ,

Nick

marc_reusser

Thanks for the tip Nick. Much Appreciated.

I need to get in touch with Diane(?) over there and ask her what colors (and ratios) she used for the bricks they show on the site, that she assembled an weathered, then order the pigment(s)......hard to tell from the pics what the pigment colors actually are.

M-Works

Mr Potato Head

Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

marc_reusser

Quote from: Mr Potato Head on October 11, 2012, 05:46:41 PM
Your just showin off :P
MPH

Ha!  :D...wish it were so...but unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on what day it is  :) ) not.

M-Works

marc_reusser

Gil....

Now I'm showing off.  :P ;D  ;D (though all it means, is that I will be busy).

M-Works

jacq01

Is that all you need to start a new exercise ?
   I spend my allowance on differnent hardness pencils, rubbers and lots of heavy drafting paper for the new 1:35 project.
   Hope to show soon some carton mockups of the " Erftmühle" and waterwheel.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

finescalerr

I notice all the products come from the same company. Something tells me you might be stretching the truth about spending your allowance ....

I spent my allowance on a new MacBook Pro and a few peripherals and a lot of software. The most elegant computer I have owned -- including those I have built myself.

Russ

shropshire lad

Well , I bought this book on Sunday from the money I made selling off a load of stuff I'll never use . Rather profitable day , I must say .

Hopefully it will be used during the construction of my project after next ,

Nick

marc_reusser

Ooooh, nice looking book Nick. Look forward to what you will be creating with this information.

Russ, actually it is the truth...in a sense :)..... the money I would have earned for the mag work was simply traded/exchanged for goods.

M-Works

mad gerald

Quote from: shropshire lad on November 01, 2012, 01:59:18 AM
Well , I bought this book on Sunday ...
... but ... it's all about modelling trees ... not bricks ...  ::)  ;D

shropshire lad

Quote from: mad gerald on November 01, 2012, 02:26:32 AM
Quote from: shropshire lad on November 01, 2012, 01:59:18 AM
Well , I bought this book on Sunday ...
... but ... it's all about modelling trees ... not bricks ...  ::)  ;D

I know , Mad G , but there isn't anything I don't know about bricks whereas I need to brush up on my tree making skills if I am to become a World authority on the subject like I am with brick making !

lab-dad

I guess your working on that "Master Modeler" status Sir Nick!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Seriously;
Please let us know how the book is, just don't tell us how it ends.
-Mj