• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Finger exercise Albert coupling of the Üstra tram Hanover

Started by Design-HSB, October 22, 2022, 12:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Design-HSB

Now that I have a little more time for model making, I was looking for a small project.

My role model is an Albert coupling of the Üstra tram Hannover.

Since I own such an original part, I should easily succeed in converting it into the model.
I want to build and not print but I wanted to use my CNC milling machine.

My model of the Albert coupling which was soldered together from various milled parts.
Like everything with me, I also build this coupling in scale 1:22,5.

The Albert coupling was assembled from milled parts here as an example the upper and lower plate.

The chain is fastened with split pins as with the original. The split pins are simply made of a 0.5 mm brass wire. For this purpose, the wire was ground down to half the thickness, namely 0.25 mm, and bent into the appropriate shape.

In the background the finished soldered coupling and in front of it the turned and milled dome pin with the safety chain. At the end of the chain, the sapwood can be seen. The safety bracket is soldered together from 4 milled parts, which have been bent appropriately.

In the uncoupled position, the pin is stuck in a special mounting hole as with the original.

Albert coupling coupled.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Except for the paint, I can't tell which one is the model! -- Russ

Barney

Very Nice bit of miniature engineering - What scale are we looking at
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Design-HSB

Quote from: Barney on October 22, 2022, 01:25:31 PMVery Nice bit of miniature engineering - What scale are we looking at
Barney
Barny, like everything with me, I also build this coupling in scale 1:22,5.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bernhard

Nice little mechanical parts, Helmut. But for what do you have a tram coupler lying down at home?

Bernhard

Design-HSB

Quote from: Bernhard on October 22, 2022, 01:51:42 PMNice little mechanical parts, Helmut. But for what do you have a tram coupler lying down at home?

Bernhard
Bernhard, I got the clutch as a gift from a work colleague and friend shortly before his death. He had written books about the Hanover tram. It is therefore a memento that I have now converted into the model.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

Design-HSB

Quote from: 1-32 on October 23, 2022, 12:55:35 PMHi Helmut.
Lovely bit of mechanical jewelry.
cheers Kim
Kim, that was also a reason for me to build these clutches.

This completes the Albert coupling project.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

Helmut, If there wasn't a ruler in the last photo to show the size then I also would not be able to tell th emodel from the prototype, just like Russ said earlier.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World