• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Ships Boats

Started by turtle, November 22, 2014, 04:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Doan

Roger, that is a gorgeous model! Please find those photos!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Gordon Ferguson

No Roger, don't head off to the "quite good Modelers corner" you will find that is just a theoretical corner which does not exist in reality ....... As none of us can remember seeing a finished model from Nick ( Shropshire Lad)  ;)
Gordon

shropshire lad

Quote from: Gordon Ferguson on November 25, 2014, 11:40:06 PM
No Roger, don't head off to the "quite good Modelers corner" you will find that is just a theoretical corner which does not exist in reality ....... As none of us can remember seeing a finished model from Nick ( Shropshire Lad)  ;)

That's because you're old and your memory is not what it used to be .

finescalerr

Nick builds ship models from bricks. He's just a little different. I think his corner is in the fifth dimension. -- ssuR

Marc988

I say; you should post more pics of the ship as punishment !  ;D

turtle

Think I've found some more, however just off to the pond to do a flotation/ballast test for my personal RC boat build, so I'll either be back later happy and bouncy or wet and very dejected  :) :'(.
Cheers for the positive comments, just noticed an annoying fault/error (yep shoddy workmanship  :-[) in the photo but can't fix it since the boat now lives on the other side of the world  :(.
Seems all the corners are full-up  :),
Later.

turtle

A little bit of brass tinkering, and there's NO CNC or CAD work here (for me CAD = cardboard assisted design  :D):

and some messing about with bits of wood:

and the boat deck nearing completion:

and to finish off today's bit of mediocre hack'n'slash and slap some glue and paint around and hope for the best modelling  ;), the formal entrance:

finescalerr

Yes, mediocre indeed. But rather pleasantly mediocre. -- Russ

Gordon Ferguson

Well if I had ever really started (Modelling) it's time to give up
Gordon

Ray Dunakin

That is insanely great work! I especially like the winches.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

hi roger
you should not be so hard on yourself.
if you think your modelling is nothing -not worthy i would like to see something that you really tried at.
regards kim

shropshire lad

Quote from: 1-32 on November 27, 2014, 03:06:03 PM
hi roger
you should not be so hard on yourself.
if you think your modelling is nothing -not worthy i would like to see something that you really tried at.
regards kim

Don't worry , Kim , Roger knows he's good but he is just being modest because he doesn't want to upset us lesser mortals .

We , on the other hand , only give him guarded praise as we don't want him getting too big for his breeches !

Nick

turtle

;) So true Nick  :D.

Quote from: Gordon Ferguson on November 27, 2014, 09:58:38 AMWell if I had ever really started (Modelling) it's time to give up

So far from the truth there Gordon (and all the other fantastic painters here), I'm always envious of the painting skills shown by the members here, in particular the weathering skills, hence the reason I also mess about with vehicles so that hopefully one day (before I get chucked on the barbecue  :D) I'll get half as good as those residing here. I doff my hat to you gents.
Anywho, a few more snippets of the 'lad in white' - Soviet/Russian ships are referred to by male gender i.e. he, and have corresponding male names - history lesson over  ;D:

A view of the 1:1 and the GA Plan of the pointy end - I believe some use the nautical term 'bow'  :-\

anchor bay almost completed:

second boat deck and formal entrance finished:

and a view from the blunt end - sometimes called the 'stern'  :):

Cheers to all for the comments and having a poke around.

finescalerr

What a model. Almost as exciting as a gorgeous young woman. -- Russ

mabloodhound

If it wasn't in the shiny white and with a little weathering and artful photography I would think I was looking at the real ship.
Just one fine job.

Did you mention the name of the ship....I didn't find it. ???
8)
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower