• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Making a K27

Started by John McGuyer, February 01, 2008, 07:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

You are complaining about computers ... ON A COMPUTER!

Russ

Krusty

QuoteI didn't think the seat in these things was a plastic box, so I made something. Since I don't know what they really looked like, this is my best guess.

This photo of a Cumbres & Toltec cab interior stolen from Flickr may be some use. I think it may be one of the bigger and even more boring than usual varieties of D&RGW loco, but at least it's a weathering reference and it does show a seat.
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

John McGuyer

That is the picture I wanted. Thanks!

Surprise, surprise, for a wild guess I wasn't that far off.

John

Nurser

Russ,
of course I'm complaining about computers on a computer.  How else would I reach so many people :-\
Hector

John McGuyer

Just remember Hector, to err is human, to really screw things up, you need a computer.

John McGuyer

Time for some more photos. This first is an adapter to mount an Accucraft coupler in the Bachmann draft gear. The second is the new beam and rear steps on the tender.

John McGuyer

Here is the tender assembled but no paint yet.

John McGuyer

Now we put the engine and tender together

John McGuyer

And the engine

John McGuyer

The tender

John McGuyer

Front view

John McGuyer

The cab area

John McGuyer

And lastly, if this whole thing made you thirsty, the water bottle.

John McGuyer

Let's get back to work on this thing. Remember the lock we saw somewhere else on this forum? I just had to make one.

John McGuyer

All good narrow gauge engines need a shovel to dig their way out of trouble. This is sheet brass with a small piece of tubing soldered on. The handle is a wood toothpick