• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Similar to FichtenFoo or Barney?

Started by Bill Gill, March 06, 2022, 06:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gill

This 28 minute steampunk diorama build video reminded me a lot of FichtenFoo's terrific fantasy builds.
Maybe he'll see his name, take a look on the forum, and then show us what's new??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reuN1iZc58Y

Carlo

WOW!   This is a major masterpiece in the world of dioramas.
Everything is there, and it all works together so well. Immaculate details and coloring too.
My only criticism is that the final video of the completed creation is too dark to see much "underwater".
Can we convince this guy to join here?
Carlo

Bill Gill

Glad you liked it too, Carlo.
I also just realized who/what else the video reminded me of: Barney and The Onion Harvester
here on the forum
http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=u35m3q9kot9rjcov68i9mnvhe3&topic=2049.0
(Some of Barney's photos at the beginning are lost, but there are some on the rest of the pages.)

finescalerr

Nick built a fantasy diorama, too, and it is excellent. It's hiding somewhere in our archives.

We could ask him about it but he's standing in the corner.

Russ

Bernhard

This is really incredibly well done. Especially the work with putty and the idea to represent the fish. Thanks for the link.

Bernhard

Ray Dunakin

That is awesome! It must be nerve-wracking pouring the resin, especially in such large quantities, knowing that if anything goes wrong you've destroyed the model.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bill Gill

Ray, I agree, and wondered about the heat build up from those multiple deep pours.

WP Rayner

It's certainly interesting... the final presentation is very effective.
Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

Les Tindall

Some years ago I did a resin pour into an old style square wooden water tank model, the heat build uo just disintegrated the whole thing! The techniques used in this diorama are very useful. Great video.
Les