• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Hobos, Gas Pump, and My Job at Penobscot Falls, Maine

Started by Eric Green, July 10, 2019, 05:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Green

This is a work in progress, but it is getting there.  It is a combination of toy train and realism that reminds me of good modeling from the 1950s.  A weird vision but mine.  It contains 1/48th 3-rail as well as On30.  I try to keep everything to accurate scale, but am stuck with the 3-rail track.  But the narrow gauge is code 83.  Steam pulled streamliners on the upper loop goes through three rooms, shortline below, and then the 2 1/2 foot Maine inspired Micmac Lines interchange at the wharf.

POSTING PICTURES IS A NIGHTMARE!

Eric Green

Had to separate out photos although I kept to the instructions.

Eric Green

Another

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Robert G

These are all beautiful scenes from the fantastic layout Eric is building. Great work. Love this attention to details from life .!!

Eric Green

Ray, loved your poolroom turned barber shop.  Really enjoyed the entire layout.  You must live where the weather is kind?

finescalerr

Nice photo (and modeling). The other stuff ain't bad, either. -- Russ

Barney

Try this for your photos to resize   http://webresizer.com/   Do the size at 650 and the quality 95 This should resize your photos
next down load them  then Additional options (On the left) + choose file then post  don't  preview  - normally this forum takes 2 photos then repeat if you want to put on more photos
Webresizer is free - some times its slow another time its rapid
This should put a stop to the nightmares of hell of sending photos to this forum
Barney

Ray Dunakin

Great scene! I really like the water running down the street, and the traffic barricades.

Quote from: Eric Green on July 11, 2019, 04:23:03 AM
Ray, loved your poolroom turned barber shop.  Really enjoyed the entire layout.  You must live where the weather is kind?

Thanks! I'm in San Diego, so yes, the weather is about as good as you can get for an outdoor layout. I do need to spruce up some of the structures from time to time, especially the earlier ones that used different materials and techniques from what I'm currently using.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World