• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Blacksmith car

Started by lucas gargoloff, December 10, 2008, 06:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas gargoloff

This was my start point for model in 0n30. I took the model built by Doug Ramos and do my own version for my logging railroad. Is entirely scratch from wood. Tank is a paper fax tube. I found many fittings from military 1/35 that fit well in 0. Like drums, tool boxes, hammers, wrenches, anvils and vises. So, with little modifications, I start with this model. Now, I bought lots of castings from Wiseman and Grandt Line.
As you can see, there is a little caboose too. In this case I did the shell from my laser cuts. I draw the four basic parts and cut in 1mm MDF. Then, I mofified truck to receive these "little cabin" (like a phone box). It´s based in the Kiso Railway fourgon.
You can see more pics of this models at:
http://s433.photobucket.com/albums/qq60/lucas_gargoloff/Other%20works%20in%200n30/
With these two model finished, I turn completely to the "big (medium) scale". I like too much add details, and it fits perfect for me. And keeping learning a lot!!
Hope you enjoy!!

Lucas Gargoloff - Argentina

marklayton

Lucas -

To make it more authentic, suggest moving the anvil under the shade of the shed roof - I know from experience that full sunlight makes it very hard to judge the color and thus temperture of the steel!

Mark
He who dies with the most tools wins.

lucas gargoloff

Thanks Mark, I take notice of it, and try to move it. It´s lots of things behind the shed roof, I´ll have to reacomodate it.
Thanks for note and make that suggestion!!

marklayton

Lucas -

I have a part-time business as an ornamental blacksmith.  Now work in leased industrial space, but initially tried working outdoors in my back yard.  My forge weld sucess rate was a lot lower when I could not properly judge the 'color' of the heat.  Rigged a tarp on poles to create shade, and forging was much improved.  When I bought the 175-lb (79 kg) pneumatic forging hammer, the neighbors complained, so had to move to more suitable quarters!

Mark
He who dies with the most tools wins.

lucas gargoloff

Neighbors are never happy with us!!!!  :-[ :-[ :-[
You´re right when you talk about "colors" of the heat, I talked with a friend here who are blacksmith, but for hobby only. And he could explain me more details.
Thanks again!!