• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Quai des Antlilles

Started by Sami, July 14, 2017, 01:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

Most satisfactory. -- Russ

1-32

Hi Sami.
Yes great finish on the bench,all the very best for the New Year.

Sami

Hi,
In parallel of the mechanical workshop I worked on the wall of the basin realized in laser cut.
painting last night and this morning with classic techniques : hairbrush airbrush and drybrush with Vallejo paint and wash with oil color.

FSCN7998.JPG
FSCN7993.JPG 

finescalerr

Lawrence@NZFinescale

'Hairbrush'. Used on models for sure, but scale models?  The curse of the spell checker strikes again?
Cheers,

Lawrence in NZ
nzfinescale.com

Bernhard

Good weathering, I like it.

Bernhard

Sami

Quote from: Lawrence@NZFinescale on February 11, 2023, 12:01:28 PM'Hairbrush'. Used on models for sure, but scale models?  The curse of the spell checker strikes again?

Oh yes Lawrence ! Hairbrush is the bad word. I used airbrush of course.
I correct the message.

Krusty

Back when the old Military Modelling forum was still a thing, some British modellers had a thing about referring to paintbrushes as "hairy brushes".  :)
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

Barney

Very Nice and very realistic
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Sami

Hi guys,
I posted here a long time ago.
I have advanced on my mechanical workshop even if there are still many details to build.
FSCN8143.JPG
FSCN8148.jpg

Today I made trash cans.
RSCN8157.JPG

finescalerr

All those tiny things take a lot of time to build and paint, don't they? -- Russ

Sami

Yes Russe it takes a long time to build.
After comes the satisfaction.

Sami

Hi guys,
I built of trestles as on real picture and a broom.
Trestles were not easy to build and weld because they are small. They are 7 millimeters high.

Atelier-m®canique (2).jpg
RSCN8186.JPG
RSCN8177.JPG

Sami

Here is a tutorial in photos for this broom in HO scale:

Gluing fibers on cardboard with wood glue
Balai 1.jpg 

Gluing of the second sheet of cardboard. the two sheets of cardboard are held by masking tape and the fibers are sandwiched
Balai 2.jpg

For a good gluing of the cardboard and the fibers a clamp-joint is very practical
Balai 3.jpg

The fibres are cut almost to the ground
Balai 4.jpg

Sami

Then the cardboard is cut to the dimensions of the brush
Balai 5.jpg
Balai 6.jpg

Cyano black fills fittings
Balai 7.jpg

All that remains is to pierce the top of the brush, thread the brass rod, glue it with a cyano tip and paint the whole.