• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Old Wagons

Started by Scratchman, April 14, 2010, 03:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gill

The buckboard looks good to me. nice work.

finescalerr

Most satisfactory. -- Russ

WP Rayner

Very nicely done and welcome to the forum!
Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

greenie

Here's a site that has an a lot of information about making Scale Model Horse Drawn Vehicles, it is well worth looking thru this site as it has an extensive amount of information regarding making these models.

Lot's of different sections to browse thru. :-)

http://www.scalemodelhorsedrawnvehicle.co.uk/index.htm

JGDurand

Thank you for your welcome and your comments. I'm new to this forum, but I've been reading you for many years.
If you can dream it, you can make it

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

greenie

Here is a 1/12th scale model of a Light Business Waggon, made once again from the drawings of J.E.Bishop and Son, printed in "The Australasian Coachbuilder and Wheelwright, Oct 1906".

Usual methods of construction, so no different procedures were required.

Sorry about no before photo's, got carried away with splashing paint about and completely forgot about taking any pics.

SandiaPaul

As usual just outstanding. About my favorite models on here. And that's saying something. The paint jobs are really excellent. Thanks for showing them again!
Paul

Bill Gill

Greenie, Alistair Clarke should be proud to have his waggon painted (and built) by you.
I'm curious, I don't see any kind of a brake. Would a wheel just be chocked when parked?

finescalerr

Utterly superb. As usual. -- Russ

greenie

Quote from: Bill Gill on March 17, 2023, 05:28:19 AMGreenie, Alistair Clarke should be proud to have his waggon painted (and built) by you.
I''m curious, I don't see any kind of a brake. Would a wheel just be chocked when parked?

G'day Bill, quick answer is ----------  Yep. :-)

greenie

Quote from: finescalerr on March 17, 2023, 12:52:55 PMUtterly superb. As usual. -- Russ

Gee whiz, thanks for that compliment Russ, much appreciated.

Bill Gill

G'day Bill, quick answer is ----------  Yep. :-) Greenie
Thanks!

Ray Dunakin

Stunning, as always! Your models always take my breath away!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

greenie

Here's the latest offering, it's NOT Horse Drawn Vehicle, but where else can I put it ?

It is a 1/12th scale model of a man drawn Hose Reel.

Used a drawing published in "The Australasian Coachbuilder and Saddler, Nov 1894".

The wheels do not have any dish in them as they are made just like a bicycle wheel is spoked.
Will need to do more of them to get it just right, but near enough for the model.

Have a look and see what you think ------------------