• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Quite decent aero modelling

Started by Hauk, October 03, 2013, 11:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hauk

I am pretty shure that the work of mr. Guillermo Rojas-Bazan has been presented on this forum, but I just came across  video that might be of interest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf8HRobYY6w

For some more information on his work, check out the Internet Craftmanship Museum:

http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/Bazan.htm

Regards, Hauk
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

finescalerr

You also posted the work of a guy in Europe who photo etched his own parts and built absolutely exquisite airplane models. As I recall he was a graphic designer or architect or something. I guess the airplane guys are pretty specialized or some would post here. -- Russ

Max Corey

We airplane guys are nuttier than you board-by-board, concrete and brick-by-brick guys.  We, also, achieve super realism at the risk of insanity.  Fortunately we age and, with that goes the eyesight.   I may soon be comfy just getting a kit together as per the ins... oh, never mind I wouldn't be able to read those.  Do they let you have #11 blade knives in the rubber room?  Probably not.  Sigh.
A screw up on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on mine.

Hauk

What I would really like to know is how mr. Bazan fasten his parts together. Glue, solder, pinning? All of the above?
I can not see a trace of solder or glue on his parts. And even with his excellent craftsmanship you should at least be able to spot faint traces from cleaning up solder or glue.

To me it looks like he uses aluminium for his models, and that is not the easiest metal to solder/glue.

Anyone knows?

-Hauk
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Barney

I surrender no more modelling for me - I think I might take up Stamp collecting or get an allotment and sit in a shed all day with a cup of tea !
Barney
going down hill by the day

Mobilgas

I only have one word to say.......WOW  :o
Craig

Ray Dunakin

I never realized until now that he does all those fantastic models without using any electric tools! That is truly mind-boggling.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World