• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

How Many Of Us Are Working On A Project?

Started by finescalerr, February 04, 2023, 12:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

How big will that Hulett be in 1/32 scale?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Krusty

QuoteIf you need those ALPS decals replaced I'm doing a batch of proper (1200dpi CMYK+white) full colour decals soon so drop me an email.

Thanks Lawrence: the offer is appreciated. Fortunately it was someone else's model, about 300km away. ;D
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

Bernhard

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on February 07, 2023, 10:16:02 PMHow big will that Hulett be in 1/32 scale?

Ray, the model will be 295 mm (11 1/2") wide, 1'770 mm (5'-9") long and 660 mm (2'-2") high (swing arm in horizontal position).
And here's a little preview: these are most of the individual parts for the drives on which the Unloader rides along the dock.

IMG_3219.JPG

Bernhard

Hauk

Quote from: Bernhard on February 07, 2023, 05:28:56 AMI have been working on the construction of a Hulett Ore Unloader for months.  The first parts for the 1:32 scale model have also been made. I will soon report about this project here in the forum.

This is going to be legendary!
CanĀ“t wait for the separate thread.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

finescalerr

Between Bernhard and Frithjof, not to mention Helmut, Volker, Lawrence, and a few others, I think I'll go hide under a rock. -- Russ

Barney

No room under this rock Stuart and Myself are already under it -!!!!!!
Barney 
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Bernhard

Here certainly no one has to hide! Everyone here does excellent work in his field, which I personally admire very much. These different facets make the hobby and this forum so interesting.

Bernhard

Chuck Doan

Some amazing projects going!

I have only worked on some further CAD files for my Fordson tractor. A right angle starting crank and the gear shifter. And a hitch extender.

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

Thanks for the post, Chuck. Most of us would be happy just to be able to draw such a detailed machine but, as we all know, your model will easily surpass it. -- Russ

Sami

Hi,
I continue to work on my project "Quai des Antilles" which I will exhibit next October in a French exhibition.
I still have a lot of work and I am less active on the forum.

Bernhard

QuoteI have only worked on some further CAD files for my Fordson tractor.

Great work, Chuck. I'm a big fan of these tractors. I have saved the pictures, maybe I can use them for an upcoming project.

Bernhard

finescalerr

Here is the second test assembly of the rear wall of the HO scale Southern Pacific depot in Goleta, CA. Over the last couple of weeks I've spent several hours with the laser and three times that amount with the CAD program. -- Russ

Bill Gill

Russ, What are you finding most challenging with the CAD program?

Barney

Chuck that's a starting handle mechanism Iv not seen before - but then I look and a lot of small narrow gauge diesel/petrol  locos use that system The Fordson drawings are looking good to

Russ very neat bit of drawing /cutting
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

shropshire lad

I'm still working on my 1:1 project , with a bit of luck we'll move into it this year .