• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Forestry inspection motor trolley in 1/35th

Started by Barney, April 23, 2020, 05:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Dug out of the reject box with determination to finish it !! a small critter based on an article in the Narrow Gauge & Industrial Review (issue no' 20)
My version of a Fowler Narrow gauge Forestry inspection car - scale is 1/35th mainly built from plastic card and Evergreen styrene strip and sections
the wheels run in brass bearings with the intention of a small motorised unit to "push it along" the engine ( a 2 cylinder diesel) is a trial fit at the moment with a bit of further detailing required - it did have the roof on at one point but in a moment of madness ! thought how do I paint the inside !
Barney   

Barney

Barney

Barney

Barney

Bill Gill

That's one I haven't seen before. Glad you're working on it again, looks like a fun critter.

finescalerr

It looks irretrievably hideous, of course, but I can't imagine why you tossed it in a box and left it unfinished. I suspect the completed model will be most satisfactory. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

That looks great! I'm glad you're going to finish it.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Les Tindall

Barney, you come up with some really great ideas, wonderfully executed as always. Are you going back to 1/35th then?
Les

Barney

up date on the little critter - Undercoat /primer completed this morning - looking good-
Les - yes dabbling again in 1/35th - still got loads of detailing bits and kits swell as buying a few extra kits -some lovely stuff coming on the market
all in the era I Like for logging

Barney

A FWD to be converted to a crane type

Barney

And a Cat for general hauling

finescalerr

Please document every project here. -- Russ

Les Tindall

With all those kits available you're almost tempting me back to 1/35th scale
Les

1-32

great job there Barney did you make the couplers yourself ?With the couplers with so many around this style is definately the best for 1/35 narrow gauge,
cheers Kim