• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Beds!!!

Started by LesTindall, August 13, 2018, 11:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LesTindall

Probably a first for the forum, model beds!!  I am building a living van to go behind the 1/16th scale Bandai steam roller kit (dating from the 1980's), these were for the workers to stay in for a few days at the construction site.  The van is built in wood and will have a full interior detail. Most difficult items were the wheels.  I ended up purchasing (from Shapeways)  drive wheels for/c aircraft then wrapping it in styrene.  It fitted with the photos taken of original vans (there are a number preserved in the Uk).
Les

LesTindall

Looks like the beds did not appear in the post!  Here there are

LesTindall

A pic of an original (preserved) living van, one of may in the UK
Les

Bill Gill

The van looks good, Les, and so do the beds, but Linus is going to be upset that his blue blanket got cut in two :)

LesTindall

Lawton Maner

You can tell the children on this forum when they respond "Huh" to a comment.  Linus is the neurotic character in Peanuts who always has his blanket which Lucy and Snoopy steal from him.

1-32

great beds pillows are nice also -cheers

TRAINS1941

That's pretty cool. 

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

shropshire lad

Quote from: LesTindall on August 13, 2018, 01:46:24 PM
Who's Linus?

Come on , Les , surely you know who Linus is/was?  These days your van would be converted into a fancy glamping hut and sold for £20,000 !

Nick

LesTindall

I must have led a very sheltered childhood.  We have a company on the Isle of Wight building "glamping" shepherds huts at enormous prices.
Les

detail_stymied

next? maybe a "mess hall" trailer with two stools & a pot?
s.e. charles

finescalerr

Didn't their parents ever teach them to make their beds? Land sakes, what's this generation coming to?!

Creative choice for a project. Satisfactory.

Russ

LesTindall

These beds are for adult workmen who work all hours for a pittance. Why waste time making your bed when there is a road to mend!!!  I think that scenario has permeated to the youth of today. I remember following a trail of our sons clothes through to his bedroom. But that's me an old one (well 68)
Les

Barney

Very nice - and different just keep it coming
I had a dog called Snoopy ! but can not remember Linus !
Barney