• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:48 Card Structure Flat, Probably The Last In My Waterfront Series.

Started by finescalerr, March 03, 2018, 02:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

nk

Russ, I like the "featheriness" of the singles/clapboard. It looks very good to my eye. Its great to see you posting something from your own bench here. Keep it up.
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

finescalerr

I've added eaves and rafters, the final strips of card, to the warehouse. The loading dock and stairway will complete the model. Both will be real wood. The photos may not look a lot different from the last pair but little details always are like that: Lots of time for a minor change in appearance. -- Russ

finescalerr

And here is the other side. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

Hello Russ,

even when watching the enlarged images, the paper as such can not be seen, I like it.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

Russ, those eaves and rafter tails do add to the model. It will be good to see the loading dock and stairs add the finishing bits to this one.

finescalerr

Okay, it's finally complete. The stairs are laser cut from Crystal River Products. The left-hand structure is from about 2008 and, as I've said, I designed the two to fit together as office and warehouse. -- Russ

finescalerr

finescalerr

finescalerr

And a close up to show why I like to use paper for scales up to about 1:48 or 1:32. The thickness is often more accurate than that of milled wood. Besides, my photo editing skills vastly surpass my painting and weathering skills. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bill Gill

TRAINS1941

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin