• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Lettering on glass??

Started by Ray Dunakin, April 16, 2013, 11:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5thwheel

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on April 18, 2013, 12:05:07 PM
That's one idea I had considered but I'm curious as to how UV-resistant the transparency is?

Did you scratch-build that peanut wagon? It looks great!

Ray,
I don't know if the transparency is UV resistant.  Probably not unless the glass is resistant. 

Yes the popcorn wagon is totally scratch built (an on going project of several years)  You can follow the build here.
http://forum.scalemodelhorsedrawnvehicle.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29

Bill
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

marklayton

This thread got me wondering if it might be possible to etch lettering on glass with an air eraser and a good stencil that was stuck down with adhesive...

Mark
He who dies with the most tools wins.

marc_reusser

Isn't there a solution that etches glass, that is used with standard adhesive stencils. I recll once having had this done for a corporate office.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

NORCALLOGGER

Ray,
Check out the article about the shoe shop in this issue of Garden railroader, might be something you can use.
Rick

chester

Quote from: marc_reusser on April 23, 2013, 07:29:57 PM
Isn't there a solution that etches glass, that is used with standard adhesive stencils. I recll once having had this done for a corporate office.
.    There is an acid that could be found at a stained glass supply retailer or web seller that etches glass. I have some but the labels on the bottle have long ago disintegrated. Resist for creating one's design or lettering should be available from the same vendors.

darrylhuffman

Ray,

You can buy clear acrylic or acetate sheets designed to go through your inkjet printer.

They make this for overhead projectors.

Go to Amazon.com and search for overhead projector sheets and lots of them will show up.

Just print your finished artwork in reverse and it will be seen correctly when looking into the building.
Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@yahoo.com
The search for someone else to blame is always succcessful.

o-boy

I would think that the miracle mask used a a mask for gold leaf size,it might allow one to use real (or imitation) gold leaf, making a very durable sign, I seem to remember it holding great detail. ???