• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Incredible!

Started by Ray Dunakin, March 16, 2013, 10:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Take a look at this guy's work. He's modeling a tank in 1/35th scale, but it's more like building a tank, than modeling one. Over a thousand miniature brass bolts just in the road wheels:

http://www.theresearchsquad.com/index.php/t28

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Outstanding craftsmanship. I've seen similar attention to detail in paper but so far not in scratchbuilt plastic and brass. -- Russ

greenie

Excellent workmanship going on there, but why does he have paint it, it's hiding ALL that extra detail.  :o

regards  greenie

marc_reusser

Though quite wonderful...I find Gordon Birrell's work of superior and cleaner craftsmanship.

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

pwranta193

Lee is a flat out wild man (yet another mad Geordie), and has done some very intensive micro detailing - though I haven't spoken with him in some years, he first came into the modeling scene with a 1:35th tiger tank with full brass interior.  And I mean full brass interior... to include all the shells, bits etc. - one of the most impressive bits of super detailing of the early 2000's (the Oughts?).  It came out on Missing Lynx Constructive criticism to the amazement of folks observing, and with a turn of events that only the internet age could bring about, ended up with him receiving a batch of bizarre hate mail for his efforts  ::) He was a RAF fitter at the time, and did the work while sitting on the floor of his living room, working in his lap, with a jewelers loupe, IIRC.  Got to meet him at Euromilitaire, and he was a fun guy to tilt a few pints with, if you have studied up on your Newcastle dialect. beforehand  ;D

I don't know if he has ever invested in real, purpose built tools to this day.
Paul

"Did I mention this is a bad idea?"