• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Truck

Started by Barney, June 03, 2012, 09:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Have you ever hit a "bad patch" in your model builds - nothing goes wright -nothing fits - its to high or its to low or just plain don't look wright and of course there is just living with the project for to long - well that's the way I felt about my attempt at building a 1914 Leyland mobile workshop so I thought it was time to call it a day and ship it off to pastures new in this case Gordon's empire in the North with hope it might get finished on another day.
A new start in 1/35th a 1914-1918 Albion truck - using plans from the WW1 Landships forum (an excellent site for information on WW1 details) measurements from the plans were transferred to a sheet of graph paper and Evergreen styrene channels laid out and squared up to form the main chassis  the fuel tank on this version will live under the seat ,its normally fitted to the front bulk head but a larger tank was required (I used acrylic rod for the larger tank) some versions of this trucks were fitted with chain guards depending on the conditions they operated in -the chains and all linkages and the steering was lubricated through a lubrication system operated by the clutch pedal the small tank on the side being the"lube tank"
The first photo shows the layout of the chassis on the graph paper - the rear wheels are modified Airfix ones to give the look of solid rubber tyres
Barney

Barney

A version of a Albion Truck (did I really use the wrong word for right or is it wright) its all down to my up bringing and hitting "bad patches"
Barney going the wrong way

jacq01

Barney,

it is all caused by the " revenge of the lego blocks "   ;D
you haven't included one yet  :o :o

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Gordon Ferguson

Sorry Jacq but think you will find those "red" things are modified Lego blocks.

And Barney/Stuart what ever your name is, I am glad you finally came out of the closet and have admitted you Airfix fixation  ;)
Gordon

shropshire lad

Quote from: gfadvance on June 03, 2012, 10:33:41 AM
Sorry Jacq but think you will find those "red" things are modified Lego blocks.

And Barney/Stuart what ever your name is, I am glad you finally came out of the closet and have admitted you Airfix fixation  ;)

Gordon ,

Those  wheels didn't come from your rather extensive collection of old Airfix kits you have stashed away in your workshop , by any chance ?

Nick

Gordon Ferguson

Nick , they may have done  ;D

But, you probably missed it when you were asleep ..... I'm an entertaining host ...... but Stuart emptied my workshop of its entire stock of Airfix kits!
Gordon

Barney

Large stocks of Airfix kits (less wheels and front axles ) now available - Lego blocks at an all time low must give my grandson a vist and raid his bedroom whilst no one is looking
Barney

Barney

Brake rods and steering now sorted next step detailing with nuts /bolts and rivets

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

and with the Airfix Wheels
Hosted on Fotki

Gordon Ferguson

Nice one Stuart, as usual up to your very clean and high standards.

Think I will wait till you are nearly finished then demand my Airfix bits back ;D

Is this one getting the work shop on the back ? if so time is tight if you are going to finish for Folkestone ................ nose to the grindstone and all that

p.s. see you have the new photo hosting site of pat now 
Gordon

finescalerr

Is this the "imperfect" and "everything went wrong" chassis you were griping about earlier? Methinks you criticize your work too harshly. -- Russ

Barney

Gordon yes workshop on the back - just started collecting the bits together for the lathe/bench driller and grinder -Lego blocks for bench work and storage units - loads of Aber PE spaners it's all systems go!! At last out of the bad patch

Russ this is chassis number 4 -the first to low the second to high tried modifying with soldering iron (I should have known better) 3rd just did not look wright !! So here we are on number 4
Barney

Barney

Some more progress nuts/bolts and rivets now completed -more rivets for the chassis but these will be on the workshop floor support beams
Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Barney

Cab roof to be fitted after detail work in cab completed - and the engine bonnet will be the top only (side panels removed and larger radiator fitted for desert use )

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Barney

Basic engine block -what else but LEGO

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Barney

Today the paint shop for undercoat (Humbrol enamel matt dark grey)

Hosted on Fotki
Barney