• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Old Wagons

Started by Scratchman, April 14, 2010, 03:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gill

Another nifty project. Excellent work painting the carcasses.
Too bad there aren't any 3D flies to sprinkle on them  ::)

finescalerr

There are flies in the corner, Bill. Go stand there! -- ssuR

Bill Gill

I guess it won't be like solitary confinement in the corner because it will have the latest buzz. Will there be pork chops?

greenie

Another one finished and ready for the cupboard.
Here's a 1/12th scale Double Lorry ( requires two neddies for power, so it's a Double ) made from the drawings of J.E.Bishop once again.Printed in 'The Australasian Coachbuilder and Wheelwright, Oct 1918.
Usual methods of construction, so no different procedures were required. 
This vehicle used nave brakes and they were a tad tricky to get both sides working together.
Sorry about no before photo's, got carried away with splashing paint about and completely forgot about taking any pics. 

Krusty

Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

finescalerr

I love your previous wagon but I may slightly prefer this one. You chose a couple of beauties to model. Fabrication, paint, and graphics aren't bad, either. All of your models belong in a top notch museum someday. Satisfactory. -- Russ

Bill Gill

Terrific model! Like the colors. Interesting brakes.

Stuart

Beautiful work, simply beautiful!

Stuart

finescalerr

I just noticed your other photos have disappeared because the links expired. It would be nice to be able to look at them again. -- Russ

greenie

Quote from: finescalerr on November 23, 2022, 12:22:19 PMI just noticed your other photos have disappeared because the links expired. It would be nice to be able to look at them again. -- Russ

Looks like that site is unavailable for now, sorry, can't do anything about it for you Russ.

So add this to your favorites --------------

https://www.facebook.com/groups/306290910852825

greenie

Quote from: Bill Gill on November 23, 2022, 06:32:06 AMTerrific model! Like the colors. Interesting brakes.

Here you go Bill, a tad of reading for you --------------------

Bill Gill

Thanks, greenie!
With your clear photos of the underside of the Double Lorry I could easily follow and understand how the brakes functioned from the brake lever for the driver to the brake pads.

Must have been a lot of screeching in Melbourne as teh brake pads wore to the bolt heads, but no mention of a fire hazard from the friction on thos wooden blocks when the brakes were applied.

greenie

Well they were known as "Squeelers" for that very reason, don't know if you have had a look at Google for 'Red Gum'.

It is a very HARD timber and needs a bloody good fire too get it to burn, so no worries about being used as brake blocks.

It was the bolts that held it too the brake band that was the noisy bugger, so they had to bring in that law, just to make the Lorry owners fix the noise problem. ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

JGDurand

Nothing to do with the quality and finesse of what I can see on this post, but I still present to you what I made, namely a buckboard at 1:20. for a first realization of this type, I am satisfied.

If you can dream it, you can make it