• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/19th scale buildings

Started by Les Tindall, July 07, 2019, 01:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les Tindall

Les Tindall

Sorry forgot the photo. the system is "playing up"
Progress so far:

Les Tindall

Still having problems posting photos, trying again

Les Tindall

It will only take one photo at a time. Here's another

Les Tindall

It represents an old workshop/scrapyard on a board 3ft x 18".  The Ruston sits outside the main building awaiting repairs, the Kerr Stuart "Wren" class rots away in the bushes (rubberised horsehair placed around the model, dilute white glue added and sprinkled with "ivy" (birch seed pods). The work trolley is based on a photo I saw with a compressor and oxy-acetylene equipment on an old skip frame.  All this takes up about half the board, the rest will contain such things as a winch, boiler, stationary engine, tractor bits, etc (whatever I fancy).  All good fun!
Les

finescalerr

We already know it looks terrific. Now you've told us it's pretty big. Where will you display it when it is complete? Will you cover it to minimize dust? Do you have other dioramas of about that size? (If you have a lot of room, then I'm jealous.) -- Russ

Les Tindall

As we live in a 2-bed apartment space is at a premium.  The 2nd bedroom (or "den") is where I do the modelling shared with my wife's dolls house.
When completed I guess it will just go to the tip (its the building of the models I enjoy most). There's probably another years worth of working on it then I'll move onto something else. The 1/19th scale locos I've built (the Garratt, an Alco and Byers geared engine) are small enough to fit onto shelves. This is the biggest thing I have made so far - still enjoying it.
Les   

shropshire lad

Quote from: Les Tindall on April 28, 2020, 12:55:59 PM
As we live in a 2-bed apartment space is at a premium.  The 2nd bedroom (or "den") is where I do the modelling shared with my wife's dolls house.
When completed I guess it will just go to the tip (its the building of the models I enjoy most). There's probably another years worth of working on it then I'll move onto something else. The 1/19th scale locos I've built (the Garratt, an Alco and Byers geared engine) are small enough to fit onto shelves. This is the biggest thing I have made so far - still enjoying it.
Les   

Don't be bloody silly , you can't dump it when you have finished it . Someone somewhere will have it . If necessary I will look after it !

Nick

Barney

Is the track 32mm 2ft gauge or is it wider or is it the way its photographed  but it looks fantastic in many ways - just keep it coming
Barney
let me know when its going to the tip because so it can be hi-jacked and redirected 
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Les Tindall

Barney, the track is 32mm, it must be the w/a lens on the camera or angle it was taken.
Right, back to the "den" for modelling s its an overcast day so won't do the regulation "exercise" time outside, stocked at the supermarket so have the essentials in (wine, etc).
Les   

Les Tindall

Nick
my philosophy is "life is not what you possess, it's what you do with it".  That's why I have chucked stuff in the past (I also hate clutter - except on model dioramas).  However I'll keep you informed when its completed.
Les