• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:35th TACL rail tractor

Started by Bernhard, May 27, 2020, 01:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

It also took me some time to understand it. But in the picture TACL114 you can see that the chains are tensioned with it.

Bernhard

Hauk

Quote from: Bernhard on September 29, 2020, 11:13:30 PM
It also took me some time to understand it. But in the picture TACL114 you can see that the chains are tensioned with it.

Bernhard

Thanks! Would never have guessed that.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Barney

You have solved the problem for me on how to make those axle bearings - no one seems to offer this type of bearing to purchase in the smaller scales and has always caused a problem to make something that is usable  - Very nice modelling and unusual
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Lawton Maner

In many parts o the American logging industry those draw bars were called roosters, and if some of the logging roads in West Virginia were the norm rather then the exception almost anything which was strong enough was used to connect cars.  I've even seen short lengths of old rail used.

Bernhard

Lawton, I can well imagine that both variants were used. However, I have also modeler both.

Bernhard

Lawton Maner

What one used to connect the cars is what the US Army calls "field expedient" or to the rest of us "whatever works".  Roosters of specific lengths are also used between disconnect logging trucks to make sure the log load didn't come apart while moving.  Many logging outfits which used knuckle couplers had holes and notches in the couplers to be able to use the spacers when carrying over-length loads.

fspg2

Bernhard,

great what you show here - I like to watch!

Frithjof
Frithjof