• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Locomotive Fuel Car

Started by sbranstetter, October 07, 2020, 07:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbranstetter

I have always been fascinated by the fuel car located in Jamestown California. The Sierra Railroad used it to store oil for the seam locomotives. I finally decided to take on the challenge. The car started out as an old Precision Scale Company, 8,000 gallon tank car and will be modified to resemble the Frankensteined appearance of the prototype.
Shawn Branstetter
shortlinemodelers.com

sbranstetter

Here is the unmodified car.
Shawn Branstetter
shortlinemodelers.com

sbranstetter

I began by adding the old steam pump. On the prototype, an air compressor was attached to one end to pump the fuel oil. I've also began locating the oil fill pipe. An oil truck would hook up here and pump oil into the car.
Shawn Branstetter
shortlinemodelers.com

finescalerr

Barney

A nice bit of miniature metal work - just keep it coming
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

sbranstetter

Most appreciated Barney! Thank you
Shawn Branstetter
shortlinemodelers.com

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Les Tindall

TRAINS1941

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

sbranstetter

Thank you all for the kind words.

I was able to make a bit more progress on the outlet pipe this week. I'm not happy with support rod used to stabilize the filler pipe so I will redo that as time permits. While I'm waiting for additional parts to arrive I'll clean up my amateur solder joints.  ;D
Shawn Branstetter
shortlinemodelers.com

1-32

Hi lovely.
It would be a shame to paint it.
cheers