• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Forum problems?

Started by SandiaPaul, December 09, 2019, 02:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SandiaPaul

All,

I have been having problems getting to the forum the last couple weeks. It tries to connect then times out. Anyone  else experiencing this?
Paul

Design-HSB

Yes, but only in the short term.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

YES! I've been having problems for a couple weeks. Most of the time the attempt times out. Once in a while, with no pattern that is discernable to me, it connects just as expected, but that is only maybe once in every 8 or ten tries.

Lawton Maner

Glad to know that it's not just me.  Been happening off and on for about 3 weeks.

finescalerr

Our server changed its IP address about three weeks ago and I think that is the problem. So far I've never had a problem but Bill sent me a couple of notes so I finally asked about the issue. The server said everything is working well and sent some screenshots as evidence. I really don't know what to do beyond that but, if any of you still has a problem, post something and I will send them a list of everyone's complaints and ask them to rethink their answer. -- Russ

5thwheel

Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

TRAINS1941

It's better now.  But at least twice a day i get timed out.

Must be Marc coming back to haunt us!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Bill Gill

I still can't get to the forum most of the time. It times out, and there still seems to be no particular time of day/night when I can get to the forum, but whenever I do get to the forum, I can't get back to it again for quite awhile afterwards.

Design-HSB

Bill, try another browser I use the one from Google with it actually always goes.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

I had not thought about a browser being the problem but Helmut might be right. A few years ago I had to change browsers to do online banking. Before I launch a broadside against our server, I hope somebody will test Helmut's hypothesis and report back. -- Russ

Carlo

I have the same problem as Bill Gill. I have been using the Chrome browser
for a year now with no other problems. I get to the Forum about 20% of the tries.
Carlo

TRAINS1941

Okay I tried two other browsers and they worked.Then tried CHROME which I use and it worked perfectly.
So I don't know why half the time I can get on and then other times time out...
Next time I can't get on I'll try another browser right away and let you know what happens.
Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

SandiaPaul

Been working fine for me now the last day+. I'm using Firefox.
Paul

Chuck Doan

I haven't had any problems at all. Using Firefox, But I don't know if that makes a difference.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

You guys with problems might want to experiment with a different browser. If one gives consistently better results, that information would be very useful. I have both a PC and a Mac but I use the Mac (Safari) for the Internet. I've never had a problem connecting to the forum with Safari. On the other hand, a few years ago, I had to use Firefox for online banking. After a couple of months Safari worked consistently and I never again had a problem with it. -- Russ