• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:35th TACL rail tractor

Started by Bernhard, May 27, 2020, 01:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gill

The axles and the drive mechanism are very well made and look good too.

finescalerr

I am still reeling in stunned disbelief at the perfection of the fabrication and assembly just as I have been after reading all previous posts. Most satisfactory. -- Russ

1-32

Bernard.
All that work will be worth it it should run perfectly
cheers

Ray Dunakin

Marvelous work! I really like your solution for the chains. They look great!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bernhard

From the clutch for switching between forward and reverse driving I have no pictures of the prototype. So I improvised a little bit at this point.

Bernhard

The clutch is turned, drilled and two pins are inserted.

Bernhard

The lever for operating the clutch is soldered together from a few parts.

Bernhard

I wanted to etch the shifting gate for the clutch lever as well. But somehow the part disappeared from the etching template. In my material box I found a blank for a clock board, from which I can mill the part.

Bernhard

On the rotary table, the part is first milled to thickness, drilled, and finally separated from the blank.

Bernhard

And there's the cute part.

Bernhard

Now only the mount has to be soldered to the shifting gate.

Bernhard

finescalerr

Ray Dunakin

This is like watching someone build a wristwatch!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bernhard

The next sub-assembly is the brake. Since it is relatively simple, it is designed to be functional.

Bernhard

First, the pressure levers that press the brake pads onto the wheels are soldered together.