• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

recent modelling from KIM

Started by 1-32, March 25, 2020, 05:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Thanks, Ray.
Moving along to a field railway style couplers looking around there is not much choice in 1/35 scale so I will make my own.All brass construction strong when soldered and takes curves well cost 1 Australian dollar each time about 15 minutes .jigs help.
The first photo is the reject yes narrow gauge but not field railways the last 2 are the accepted versions.
Rember Mabel, she is back at the builders for a refit now looking a whole lot better.
cheers.

Carlo

Kim- Nice couplers.
What is the finish on Mable's couplers?
Is it scratch-resistant?
Carlo

1-32

Morning Carlo.
Spray cans the primer is a etch grey primer that I got from an auto supply shop the topcoat is a hobby spray can in dark brown-cheers

1-32

Great work Volker.
So a narrow gauge 2 foot or 600 mm gauge turnout. It started out as a common cheap Peco electric fog code 100 turnout sharp radius. What I did was to cut out most of the plastic except for the fog and the spring-loaded point blades . The new bits are the wooden ties ground throw and of course the weeds. Two wires operate the whole thing the route is set by the point blades, size 300 mm long by 150 mm wide.
All the best and have a great weekend Kim.

finescalerr

Barney

very nice sleepers look great
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

Bernhard

Kim, this is an easy way to convert turnouts, with really convincing results. I have built my turnouts completely by myself with a lot of effort.
Bernhard

1-32

morning ALL
Bernard, I  just cobble together stuff really I cant do highly detailed track work or mechanisms but I really like them. I was taught by model engineers but did not follow that direction all smoke and mirrors but hey it is really good fun even if the Bachmann mechanism is noisy, jumpy and the trackwork is held together with blobs of glue and solder.
cheers, Kim.

Bernhard

Kim, you're doing absolutely right. It's the result that counts in the end. And I really like your projects because they have a lot of character.

Bernhard

1-32

Good afternoon all.
Skipping along and back to my paddle boat plus a visiting skiff, really I just keep fiddling with it most likely it will never be finished but that is ok. Eventually, it will be a part of a shelf field railway in 1/35 scale. Every change I really like I suppose it is all about having an idea and letting it mature.
cheers.

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

1-32

Yes, most likely the next change will be the chimney the top is too heavy.