• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35 Paper Structure Vignette

Started by marc_reusser, May 23, 2011, 04:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kneighbarger

Nice stall, one of the better ones I've seen. Really.
Usually there is a high mounted tank on the back wall, a pull chain, and a copper tube or steel
pipe running down to the opening.....  Some old news print...
Nice water/rust stains running down the wall.
6 years back and forth to the small Russian villages, you see some things...
Ken

marc_reusser

Ken,

My sympathies on this being one of the better stalls you have seen.

There does seem to have been some sort of pipe that ran up the wall at the right....I was wondering what that might have been...thought maybe a vent,....but your comment of pipe to a tank makes much more sense. Thanks!

Will have to see if I can find a photo of an appropriate tank design to include.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

michael mott

Russ said a while ago

QuoteHere is a really tiny observation: To my eye the cardboard bricks don't quite measure up to the other materials. Not the finish or the weathering but the material itself. In that magnified close-up you can see how some corners have a raised ridge thus making the adjacent part of the brick look sort of concave. Possibly the overall texture is a little smooth (although I have seen brick of almost any texture so maybe that doesn't count).

My goodness I thought I was picky. I am sorry to be late to this party but Marc the big birch seed leaf jumps out like a sore thumb to me. Sorry for not speaking up sooner. The other work just blows me away, you really are a master at this!

And if I am wrong about the birch seed then you can flog me with a withe.

Michael

shropshire lad

Quote from: michael mott on October 22, 2013, 12:02:46 PM
Russ said a while ago

QuoteHere is a really tiny observation: To my eye the cardboard bricks don't quite measure up to the other materials. Not the finish or the weathering but the material itself. In that magnified close-up you can see how some corners have a raised ridge thus making the adjacent part of the brick look sort of concave. Possibly the overall texture is a little smooth (although I have seen brick of almost any texture so maybe that doesn't count).

My goodness I thought I was picky. I am sorry to be late to this party but Marc the big birch seed leaf jumps out like a sore thumb to me. Sorry for not speaking up sooner. The other work just blows me away, you really are a master at this!

And if I am wrong about the birch seed then you can flog me with a withe.

Michael

Bend over , please . ( We're not saying you're wrong , but we all fancy a bit of flagellation after supper ) .