• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:43.5 Hudson Hunslet

Started by davej, March 10, 2010, 06:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james_coldicott

David,

Quote from: davej on March 10, 2010, 11:46:44 PM
I will do this Bagnall and the 18" gauge Carnegie (first O10.5 kit!).

oh drat! I've just started a layout in 7mm, 10.5mm gauge- I was hoping no-one would produce anything in this gauge/ scale combination- I can see this is going to get expensive! Attached is one of four turnouts I've made for this project...

Cheers

James

shropshire lad

Quote from: davej on March 11, 2010, 12:10:52 AM
Quote from: shropshire lad on March 11, 2010, 12:01:00 AM
Quote from: davej on March 10, 2010, 12:14:04 PM
Quote from: shropshire lad on March 10, 2010, 11:08:37 AM
Nice looking loco . If only it was in 1/35th scale ,

Maybe one day. I am trying to resist at the moment!

I wouldn't bother trying to resist , just do it .

You could do for 1/35th scale modellers what Roy did for O 14 ones .

Nick

But, what scale to choose 1:32 or 1:35?

Well ,that is a no brainer . 1/35th , of course .
1/32nd is a scale more suited to the Americans and I bet not many Diema's made it over there . However , they would suit my purposes admirably .

Nick

davej

Quote from: james_coldicott on March 11, 2010, 10:11:05 AM
David,

Quote from: davej on March 10, 2010, 11:46:44 PM
I will do this Bagnall and the 18" gauge Carnegie (first O10.5 kit!).

oh drat! I've just started a layout in 7mm, 10.5mm gauge- I was hoping no-one would produce anything in this gauge/ scale combination- I can see this is going to get expensive! Attached is one of four turnouts I've made for this project...

Cheers

James

Hahaha! Looks great! What loco will you build for it?

My 10.5 project is long term so you will have plenty of time.

d

james_coldicott

David,

as to 18" gauge loco's first up is a bagnall 0-4-2. Have also started on one of the 18inch gauge Horwich wrens and may do one of the Brede Valley Bagnalls if I haven't moved on to other things.

Really like the Sand Hutton engines too but think they are better suited to 1/32. BTW if you ever do make the leap to a larger scale my vote is with 1/32 as I already model this despite not having a layout- I can run loco's and stock on my Dad's On3 layout. Also 18" gauge is conveniently close to 14mm so all bases covered. :) :)

Catch you later

James