• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Grocery store/Barbershop

Started by Yoshi Ueda, November 17, 2023, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoshi Ueda

I have finished another Stoney Creek Designs kit - Grocery Store and Barbershop.

DSCF4423.JPG

I think of the structure in model railroading as the set in a play or an opera. The main character is the model railroad, and the scenery serves as a complement to the model railroad. In theater (my small layout), the scenery must be created in a limited space, so it is more convenient to deform most of the scenery.

Thanks.

finescalerr

Nothing wrong with those buildings. Their size, design, and proportion are typical of several I have seen. You did a beautiful job of assembling and painting them.-- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Very nice! Their dimensions and style are very similar to structures I've seen in Randsburg, CA.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Lawrence@NZFinescale

Just to show I'm not fundamentally opposed to small buildings...

The Waimangaoa post office cries out to be modelled.

Sorry for the poor picture quality and lack of details.  As the sign says ER it must be after 1953.  Probably not too long after that as small rural post offices were in decline.
Cheers,

Lawrence in NZ
nzfinescale.com

finescalerr

A wonderful and picturesque little building. Thanks for posting it, Lawrence. -- Russ

Les Tindall

Yes, that definitely needs to be modelled.
Les

Lawrence@NZFinescale

More from 'The exception proves the rule Dept.'...

A facebook group I belong to popped up the attached images in the last couple of days.

The Mangaweka building had a comment from a previous owner to the effect that the bench out front was placed there as a way to escape the chill of the interior.

Not that this in any way changes my feelings about whole towns of such structures appearing unrealistic.

Cheers,

Lawrence in NZ
nzfinescale.com

Ray Dunakin

I love 'em! They'd be right at home in so many small mining towns in the western USA.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World