• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Kiwi Bushtram Project

Started by Henk, April 23, 2009, 03:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Jaqc,

It was an Nelson Locomotives F-class boiler, complete with smokebox, handrail & saddle-tank mounts. It is mounted/incorporated in a G&D Davidson locomotive.  The boiler was likely removed from the original locomotive and sold to Davidson in 1910.

Here is another Davidson locomotive, working on the Stuart & Chapman bush tram at Rimu.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

Two more Bush tram lines.

M-Works

marc_reusser

Ok...last two.

M

M-Works

Henk

Marc,

Thanks again for the pictures. My cousin in NZ will try to find the books you mentioned before. He got one allready, the book wich is still availlable. The other comes hopefully from "Trade Me". I'll keep you informed.

Than another question, where can I find those curled wheels in On30???  :-\

Henk

james_coldicott

Hi Henk,

various UK manufactrers produce curly spoked wheels. Paul at EDM models has them in stock and available from his website:

http://www.ngtrains.com/Pages/Wheels_Trucks/wheels.htm

Hope this helps

James

james_coldicott

Henk,

alternatively you could call David Janes at KB scale- he has 5, 6 and 7 curly spoke wheels in 8, 9 and 10.5mm diameters. These are slightly finer wheels but come on axles designed for 14mm gauge so you would have to provide new axles though you may find that there is enough length broaden the gauge to 16.5mm once you've removed the pin points.

http://www.kbscale.com/Wheels.htm

I've used some of these wheels with internal bearings and the pin points removed and found them to be excellent. David is very helpful and his packages always arrive very quickly.

Both these and the wheels from EDM are steel axles and tyres with moulded plastic centres.

James

Henk

Thanks James, sorry that I didn't respond any sooner. The thing is I still havn't found any drawings from te Ellis & Burnand logging disconnects. I have tried several times to get in contact with the Mdel Company in New Zealand, but got no answer whatsoever. Even my cousin who lives there has tried tho phone the man, but no luck.

So I have to build those disconnects without any useful drawings. I have to be honnest, it's the first time for me in this scale so I am still used to 1:87 and European railways. I am learning, but it cost me a lot of time. Here are some pics of the turnouts on the layout.

Henk