• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Fordson tugger hoist

Started by Chuck Doan, January 10, 2017, 09:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

Nick, although I have hung out with Mario a couple of times, several years after meeting Marty and Jerry, those experiences were nothing in comparison to the trauma I suffered a few years ago when you phoned me. I'm still on heavy medication and full recovery is doubtful.

Erratic behavio(u)r is a trait I have enjoyed and cultivated since birth, possibly because my therapists kept me in a humidor for 11 years.

Glad you could pop in ever so briefly. Would it be an imposition to ask what you've been up to lately?

Russ

Greg Hile

God, I need to get out more ... ::)

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on March 21, 2018, 12:36:26 PM
Nick, although I have hung out with Mario a couple of times, several years after meeting Marty and Jerry, those experiences were nothing in comparison to the trauma I suffered a few years ago when you phoned me. I'm still on heavy medication and full recovery is doubtful.

Erratic behavio(u)r is a trait I have enjoyed and cultivated since birth, possibly because my therapists kept me in a humidor for 11 years.

Glad you could pop in ever so briefly. Would it be an imposition to ask what you've been up to lately?

Russ

Hi Russ ,

I attend your sermons every day , but I sit at the back so as not to draw attention to myself . I always whisper a Hallelujah when you say something profound .

Your trauma was nothing to the shock my bank account had at the cost of the phone call to you .

I had a new knee just before Christmas ( must be all the praying I do ) so have supposedly been taking it easy for the last three months . So I have just been building/fitting the kitchen in the house that has been on the go for the last ten years .

Modelling wise , not a lot . I thought I would get some done during my enforced layup , but that didn't happen . I have started a couple of projects , but they await completion when I find some motivation again .

Chuck ,

Sorry to hijack you thread . Yet again .

I haven't commented on your latest build , because , as usual , the quality of your modelling has rendered me speechless . Again .

Will this model be on a diorama or just a stand alone model ?

Nick

lab-dad

Ahh...all great memories....
If I ever win the lottery we will all get together again!
Would be nice to get an email from Nick and pictures of the castle....

Now back to the Tugger please.

marty

nk

I like the CD as a palette. That is a great idea and one I am am going to try myself. Thank you.
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

Barney

Hi Chuck - Missed a bit and been asleep most of the winter ! the question is - your stainless steel cable where can we get it from and is it a bit springy and uncontrollable when released !
Barney 

Chuck Doan

Hi Barney,

It is Stainless 7 x 19 miniature braided wire from Mcmaster-Carr. If you search the Mcmaster site for Part no. 3461T632, this will get you to the catalog page with details. Somewhat pricey, but very flexible; almost like a wet noodle. It was perfect for me and they made the two exact sizes I needed. Apparently, the higher the number, the more flexible it is.

Nick, you're always welcome, glad to hear you are still kicking. No diorama for this (assuming I finish it). That would be a crazy amount of ground cover to do! 
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

fspg2

Chuck, I'm always impressed to see your progress!
Frithjof

Chuck Doan

A bit of progress: The main drum and bull gear are installed.

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

finescalerr

Anyone can tell that's a model. It looks so ... well ... uh, just so phony! -- ssuR

TRAINS1941

Nice real nice!!

Does that mean were moving on to the tractor??

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Bill Gill

Design-HSB

Chuck,

how did you get the huge white sheet of paper underneath the original?  ???

That can not really be a model anymore.  ;)
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

LesTindall

Sorry, I'm a bit late into this thread, firstly the cable is "wow", I'll take a look at that web-site, secondly, welcome back Nick.

Les

Chuck Doan

Thanks Very much! The Glacier Express continues. 

Not quite Jerry, here is my remaining list:

Gypsy drum

Brake pad
Brake band
Brake lower attachment
Brake spring/hanger

Friction/grease cup

Brake foot pedal
Friction levers (white glue in)
Friction lever stops

Chain guard/brackets (both sides)
Clamp caps

Gear guard

Then, maybe the Tractor!