• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Fordson tugger hoist

Started by Chuck Doan, January 10, 2017, 09:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRAINS1941

The Master at work.

Just beautiful words just don't do this justice!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Peter_T1958

Why such an excitement? On the sprocket of my mountain bike I am able to create such effects blindfolded ... Hmmm, I am talking about a real bike.  :-\

Ok, you feel it: For a ordinary modeler it's hard to bear such images that we see here!!!

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -Leonardo Da Vinci-

https://industrial-heritage-in-scale.blogspot.ch/

michael mott

Hi Chuck, looked at the last three photographs did a double take.... had to start at the beginning. Very nice! Haven't been around much 1:1 life has a way of taking up time.

Michael

Barney

Speechless I surrender !!
Barney

Greg Hile

Chuck Doan

Thanks!

I finished the first of the drive chains. The chain is the metal Kyosho RC motorcycle chain that is a perfect size for this machine. I used an artist's stump and some polishing powder on the rollers before it was installed.

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Bill Gill

Chuck, that is unbelievably believable and convincing.

TRAINS1941

I'll come up with a word that's believable!!

You make the real ones look fake.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Ray Dunakin

I really love the greasy, grimy look you've achieved.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Hydrostat

I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Hauk

Quote from: Chuck Doan on December 09, 2017, 03:51:01 PM
I finished the first of the drive chains. The chain is the metal Kyosho RC motorcycle chain that is a perfect size for this machine. I used an artist's stump and some polishing powder on the rollers before it was installed.

It looks perfect.
Period.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Greg Hile

Lawton Maner

And, on April first Chuck will post a picture to the list showing us that this isn't a model but a cleaver rebuild of the real thing.

Chuck Doan

Thanks very much!

A bit more progress; the other drive chain installed plus the trip drum friction and brake pedal.

I would like to belatedly thank HÃ¥vard (Hauk) for his finding of the Kyosho roller chain, oh maybe 6 or 7 years ago. It was the main reason I started this project, and it works perfectly! Glad I finally got around to using it.

An operators lever will eventually fill that hole.

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/