• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

south creek road

Started by 1-32, November 28, 2017, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

detail_stymied

I think the "go" and then "change" all contribute to the fabric of your creations.

oh ... and in mine eyes, the "new" asphalt looks too in comparison with the other textures. but I have confidence the road crew will be along shortly with their hammers and such ...
s.e. charles

1-32

good afternoon all.
South Creek is rising from the paper and generally, I am very pleased by it all so far macro photography also helps is amazing how much a camera sees, it seems to cut through the crap.the resin stuff up well yes I had to rip it all up I called the manufacture and it turned out that batch was old and should never be sold.I got some new stuff did a sample no problems in many ways it was good as i got rid of the barge.in the last couple of weeks i have done some work on my crawler locomative.this is a rework of a old loco with a more airbrushed finish,macro really shows up the dust the only thing that i dont like is the brake wheel too big.more walls have been added the right hand one is nearly finished in green water clour wet and dry sandpaper and markers.the distant shots are with the back board i place remember there is another story to go,a lighting valance will be attached ,it is also the top of the box.
cheers kim.

Lawton Maner

You have captured our fearless leader quite well.  But, you need to pull his right sock up to cover the fact that his right foot seems to have been cut off and is just resting at t he end of his leg.

1-32

I hope it is the camera I will have to check cheers Lawton

finescalerr

Things are coming along and the photos you shoot will only improve your modeling. -- Russ

1-32

hi, all how are you all well I hope.
a start has been made on 2 of the 5  industries on South Creek Road.
Bevs hats
South steam.
wood and bricks both materials that I like in the real world.these little buildings are all removable as the case the front one South steam has a storage area under.
cheers kim.

detail_stymied

a milliners?

I never saw that coming!

beautiful addition to the "industrial waterfront".
s.e. charles

Lawton Maner

Where else would Russ get his Top Hat to wear as he drives the loco?

1-32

yes, there is a little shopping lane, alley, there will be buildings on both sides.my original idea was to have all retail but the contrast between light industrial and retail was just too tempting.
cheers kim

finescalerr

Lawton, you are so confused. I wear the top hat on my day off! -- Russ

Bill Gill

Kim, My (or maybe I should say Russ's) hat's off to you on your surprise selection of placing Bev's Hats in your diorama. Now, what will be next door!?!

Ray Dunakin

Fantastic! I love the tram's narrow passage between the buildings.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Lawton Maner

Russ:
Is that when you play with your Thomas and Friends?

finescalerr

Lawton, go stand in the corner. -- Russ

1-32

hi, all.i also like the tunnel effect but in that picture, there was that orange strip of metal, looking at it I really did not like it here is the next solution.i have a list of possible businesses but looking at it I feel all the businesses should be on one side of the street so the hat shop might be in for a bit of a move soon.
cheers Kim