• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/16 Diorama - Backyard Hospital Supply Railway (inspired by Lainz)

Started by mad gerald, October 02, 2013, 12:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawton Maner

finescalerr

I know Easter is coming but this forum is about modeling, not eggs! -- ssuR

mad gerald

G'day all,

I added some details (only 2d-print, no 3D-prints ;D) to get a better impression if the arrangement will match my idea of this micro-layout. I already spotted some things/details I'm probably gonna change converting this mock up into a real micro-layout ...

Cheers

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

mad gerald

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on April 09, 2017, 05:10:04 PM
Looks like it will be a fun little build.
... you bet! 8)

A last impression of the once again modified mock up made from gray cardboard and prints ... now I''m gonna start with the conversion. No need to poke fun at the door knob which is located far to low ;D ... the door wasn't printed to scale (just for illustration purposes) ...

Hydrostat

Gerald,

the room above the left entrance looks a bit strange, as flat as it is?

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

mad gerald

Quote from: Hydrostat on April 11, 2017, 01:26:37 PM
...the room above the left entrance looks a bit strange, as flat as it is?
Sorry, that my mock up left space for misinterpretation, but that's not an entire room but only a kinda additional rooflight/fanlight/skylight (don't know usual term in english), similar to a dormer window, letting in (more) daylight ... comparable to the ones often used at workshops and industrial buildings with single pitch roofs (rooves) ... example

Cheers

mad gerald

Happy Easter!

There are many prototype railways with 10.25" (260 mm) gauge. I'm always interested in corresponding building reports, actually this one over at the Buntbahn Forum heavily attracts my interest. I simply could no longer resist and built a small wagon in 1/16. This wagon had to be a little bit smaller than the ones I built recently with a prototype gauge of 430 mm. It is supposed to run on 16,50 mm (16,25 mm) gauged track, representing 10.25 gauge. Therefore I mounted an additional rail (between the two present rails) on my test section to get the necessary gauge of 16,50 mm. Rails, track and radius match prototypes. I eventually put my hospital supply railway layout on hold and gonna use my actual micro layout building a ridable (miniature) farm railway in 1/16 scale with a prototype gauge of 10.25" ...

Cheers

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

mad gerald

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on April 16, 2017, 04:54:08 PM
Looks good!
Thanks, Ray! Just my humble attempt to catch the spirit of an agricultural tramway on private property ...

BTW: Does anybody know a source for wheels (approx. 9 mm diameter, approx. 4 mm width) suitable for feldbahn purposes?